The "Stupid Question" thread

Michael Miramontes

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" a reasonable amount of time one should wait to have their invoice paid? "

it depends, and it varies!

often big clients take longer than many small ones. With new clients, one should mention discuss payment terms before the gig.

There is always: " 2-10, net 30, that offers a 2% discount for prompt payment. of course the net 30 often gets ignored, somretimes it company policy, sometimes it is company poverty. No budget/lo budget work is often clearly COD, sometimes even: CASH, too.

Regarding the "PAs yelling 'Rolling!'": I actually appreciate that. Inevitably, whenever they aren't calling cuts and rolls, transpo fires up a truck, grips drop something heavy, people take calls, etc. When things get a bit spread out on location, letting everyone know that we're rolling becomes more critical.

Regarding the "PAs yelling 'Rolling!'": I actually appreciate that. Inevitably, whenever they aren't calling cuts and rolls, transpo fires up a truck, grips drop something heavy, people take calls, etc. When things get a bit spread out on location, letting everyone know that we're rolling becomes more critical.

...what I'm referring to is when there are 4 or 5 of them standing within 10 feet of each other (usually right on set) all yelling at the top of their lungs without any regard for the level of effectiveness (or lack thereof) that their incessant yelling has -- meanwhile, the rest of the crew (including drivers who are always on walkie, right) ;) can't hear it (too far away from set) or have pretty much gotten to the point where they ignore the yelling. While my post had a tinge of sarcasm to it, the reality is that a good 1st AD and AD staff can control a set without yelling. I've seen it work both ways, and I for one prefer the non-yelling-use-the-technology-we-have-at-our-disposal-to-more-efficiently-communicate-the-necessary-rolling/cutting-information method... or a bell & light if you're on a stage...

I'm just sayin'

~tt

• 2 years later...