Lectro UCR100 Receiver Vs. Sennheiser G3 for sound quality

ChrisN

Being on the verge of spending money again, I want to make sure this is the right step before parting ways with my hard earned cash. I'm a sound mixer who is relatively new to the craft (about 9 months doing location audio) and I want to invest in some pro quality wireless. One of the things that I feel is most key to being a good sound person is to have pristine audio. Now pristine is a relative idea but getting as close as possible is a good approach when you don't have the clients or money to access the top quality Zaxcom's/Lectro systems.

My question is about the sound quality of a Sennheiser G3 Wireless system wired to a Sanken COS11 lavaler

vs.

Lectro LMa/Lectro UCR100 wired to a Sanken COS11

= ?

???

If you are on a budget and want expandability I would say you can go with LMa and SRa setup, that way you take advantage of of the digital hybrid tech, lighter weight in your bag, and a great pricepoint (for 2 tx/rx).

This also allows you alot of upgradeability. So one day if you end up buying zax wireless or lectro 400 series you can then put your SRA on to camera's and use the LMa's as backups or IFB, extra HOP's etc.