NewEndian

K, try 1.21 when it hits the market. Thanks for the crash reports. They are super useful. To be sure though, do you not have mobile data enabled when you enable the TV Preview? Basically it was trying to enable location services and not being successful. If that's not true then there might be something else wrong.

-James

I did have mobile data enabled, although to think of it, I may have had gps turned off. Although I was using mobile data at the time, I did have a couple of connection errors, so maybe that was the whole problem. I'll check again, update to 1.21 and update.

Thanks for the quick response.

it would be nice to have the possibility to export whole tx profiles from freqfinder to create preset lists in lectroRM ( or to access freqfinders tx profiles from RM for the same purpose ).

Although not the highest on my priority list +1

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the german block in the app ?

And the german tv stations on dvbt ?

We have also in german a problem with the handy wireless networks in the 800mhz range its cool wehn its working in german

I ask my working union they have all infos for the new frequenz range in german for wireless audio trasmitters

Its a idea for the app to chose your country

I can find out all datas for german use

Greez danny

Glad to hear that the update worked. I think I'm going to leave LectroRM alone for now. Android is changing their interface standards with Android 4.0 and when they become more universal, I'll revamp the interface and make some design decisions about integrating the TX profiles.

Danny, I'm not really understanding you very well. I'm not sure what the "German block" is or what transmitter brand you're referring to. I'd be happy to add any transmitters or blocks that I may have missed. Feel free to email me at newendian@gmail.com with information on any transmitter you'd like to see.

-James

• 2 weeks later...

James has proven his awesome customer support yet again by fixing a probelm I was having with the FreqFinder app (fixed with 1.22 for iphone)

I dont know when he actually sleeps because he fixes bugs so fast, its amazing.

On another note, the multiple list function is great. It will prove to be a very handy tool with all the multi crew shows I tend to work on.

Thanks again James for your continued support.

Cheers

Mega

Great work thus far on the freq finder app. It's already very useful in the field.

For me, the local TV interference display is a key feature.

I have a suggestion:

A new feature that could give the user a summary of what blocks are best to use for the current locale. Sort of a "block advisor". I'm not sure how it would function in a graceful way or what the best way to display and rank the data on a 4.3" screen would be but I feel a feature like this would be invaluable. Another great feature for this as well as the existing app would be to have the option of entering another zip code so that you're not always locked into just your current location.

Also, would it be possible to add a manual refresh button for the location finding service? Today I had a large lag in when I opened the app to when it realized I was in a new location and updated the TV data (android).

Thanks for listening!

-Derek

Hey Derek, both of those features you mentioned will be a part of the final TV Station add-on. Probably what I would do is to rank the TV channels and trust that people know what TV channels they are looking for. Otherwise its hard to rank a block when one TV channel in that block is clear but the rest of them are not. Additionally, I could do a block by block index of the channels and their field strength values, but it wouldn't be ranked in any way.

The location finding probably knew you changed locations immediately. The lag occurred when downloading data. Granted the user should be informed of the change somehow instead of keeping old values up. That is another thing that I will address in the full TV add-on.

My pleasure,

James

• 1 month later...

Hi James, just downloaded the app and as expected; niiice! Congrats on this one again!

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to rename the Profiles?

I see no "?" or "i" on the app ( I mean, kind of instructions/manual).

Will try the interaction functions with LectroRM soon... Thans again for the nice work :)

Hi James, just downloaded the app and as expected; niiice! Congrats on this one again!

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to rename the Profiles?

I see no "?" or "i" on the app ( I mean, kind of instructions/manual).

Will try the interaction functions with LectroRM soon... Thans again for the nice work :)

You can rename the tx profiles by touching and holding the profile name. A menu will pop up with a couple options.

Thanks a lot Wander

From happy camper my status just went to very happy camper now :)

I don't get a menu, just the magnifier so I can edit then I finally figured out I havr to hit the return ley for the name to register; otherwise, just hitting Done after editing didn't make it (iPhone) :)

Thanks again

Love your apps :)

I would like to request you add lectro D4 frequencies. And the US stations for us Canadians would be great.

About adding the D4 system: Sadly I do not have experience with that system or other digital systems that have a very large bandwidth (>2 Mhz). That is the reason I haven't added them to the app (the "wifi" setting there now is experimental for the moment). Maybe I'll come up with an educated guess for the D4 and disclaim that it is experimental. And ask you guys for your experience with it.

About the US stations for Canadians: Unfortunately the FCC database doesn't provide the HAAT (Height Above Average Terrain) data for Canadian stations. It is required for the field strength calculations and will show TV channels as being free when they're not. But it works fine if you're surrounded by US TV stations. You can activate the TV Preview by switching your locale to US in the system settings. It will stay activated when you switch your locale back.

Oh! And timecode buddy.

Not sure what you're asking about here.

So everyone is aware, on iOS the profile name change doesn't stick unless you press the "Return" key on the keyboard. That has been fixed for the next update which is now pending in the iTunes store.

In addition, custom frequencies has been added. Simply choose "Custom" in the transmitter type menu and the appropriate bandwidth (round up) in the transmitter band menu. For custom transmitters the "Compatible Channels" and "All Channels" lists are disabled and instead you get a dialog for entering the frequency in MHz.

For preset transmitters, there is now the "Custom Channel" option for sub-100khz channels that do not appear in the channel lists. Pick custom frequencies that fall between two channels in the "Compatible Channels" list.

Also included in the update is an improvement in the algorithm that results in the calculation time being cut in half.

And I subscribed to a system that will help me do bug tracking whenever a crash occurs.

Cheers,

James

About adding the D4 system: Sadly I do not have experience with that system or other digital systems that have a very large bandwidth (>2 Mhz).

The D4 uses the frequency range 902-928 MHz, and offers up to four channels with the normal center frequencies set at 907.776, 912.387, 916.992, 923.904. I've never changed the ones on mine, and often just use the first two channels alone. The receiver sucks about double the power of the SRa (250 vs. 115ma), so in some cases, I'll use the SRa instead just out of battery concerns. But at least I have the D4 as a second available feed.

I've never had a situation where 900Mhz WiFi interfered with the D4, but I think that's because most places are using WiFi in the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands.

James, if you want a list of the D4 freqs, email me and I'll be glad to go through the list and give them to you.

The D4 uses the frequency range 902-928 MHz, and offers up to four channels with the normal center frequencies set at 907.776, 912.387, 916.992, 923.904. I've never changed the ones on mine, and often just use the first two channels alone. The receiver sucks about double the power of the SRa (250 vs. 115ma), so in some cases, I'll use the SRa instead just out of battery concerns. But at least I have the D4 as a second available feed.

I've never had a situation where 900Mhz WiFi interfered with the D4, but I think that's because most places are using WiFi in the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands.

James, if you want a list of the D4 freqs, email me and I'll be glad to go through the list and give them to you.

Thanks for that Marc. I requested the D4 and the timecode buddy because they have some frequencies that will be close. 915.050 to 918.650.

Oh interesting. I did not realize TC Buddy didn't run entirely off of 2.4GHz Wifi.

There's still the question of how much a wider bandwidth (2-5 Mhz vs 200 khz) will cause a wider intermodulation product. Most wifi transmitters are kept at distances far enough away from other transmitters that intermodulation isn't an issue. Similarly, Lectrosonics claims that all of the available channels for the D4 can be used simultaneously, whereas an ordinary intermodulation calculation would suggest that they shouldn't. Mind you, they are digital signals and therefore the interference caused by intermodulation may only present itself in a reduction of range. And it might be expected that the transmitters are kept at a reasonable distance away from each other (should be standard practice for all transmitters if it can be helped).

The other consideration is that intermodulation between our ordinary transmitters could cause interference in the wifi range. This is why I put the Wifi spec in for experimental purposes. Ideally, I'd have some method of grouping transmitters that are expected to be in close contact with each other. The intermod products would be calculated only within each group but avoided in every group. This would avoid the unnecessary calculation of the intermod products between a bodypack transmitter and the wifi router across the room.