NewEndian

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in order the use this app correctly, once I move to a new location, I should first scan with my Lectrosonics receiver in every block I have. From there I would choose compatible and intermodal free frequencies using the app avoiding the ones that have outside signal ( tv, etc... ), as shown with the scan.

Pascal

It seems like the freqfinder has the same upgrade bug as LectroRM does on android where it clears the memory after an upgrade. I saw this show up on LectroRM, I forgot about it when I upgraded today, and it wiped all my presets. I had the lectro intermod chart programed in. Fortunately with freqfinder, I don't need those presets anymore.

In another LectroRM thread James said he was working on this. Even though my wireless system is relatively small, so it's not a big deal to me, it would be nice to keep presets through upgrades.

http://wanderingear.net

• 2 weeks later...

But the Sennheiser Blocks are not the same and overlap awkwardly.

Block A on Sennheisers covers 516-558

Lectro Block 20 is 512.000 to 537.500 MHz

Lectro Block 21 is 537.600 to 563.100 MHz

So +1 for putting Sennheiser blocks in there as I still have bust them out sometimes.

Other than that, great App!

Those freqs are already there. Just figure which Lectro block your Senny's are in and enter them.

phil p

Hey Andy. No, if I was up all night it's because I'm running a fever and because some jerk was ringing my buzzer thinking that it was some girl's apartment. I only saw that 1.09 didn't work when Richard emailed me early this morning. But I wouldn't leave you guys at your jobs without a tool that I ask you to put your faith in if I could help it.

For people who are curious, this update includes a software library meant to make it easier for me (and perhaps you) to add transmitter types. However, it doesn't like being packaged up for submission to Android Market (the process obfuscates the code to make it harder to pirate). Some retooling of the obfuscation settings later and it works properly. The obfuscation doesn't happen until the step before submission to Android Market. I have since figured out how to test that package too.

I've got a lot of good stuff that I'm working on here too. Hardware acceleration for the compatible channels function is at the top of the list (I had to pair down the number Sennheiser channels because it takes too long to test all 1680 of them). So far it looks very promising. The algorithm is changed in preparation of supporting more transmitter types. Also, the FCC station data will soon include the directionality of the broadcast towers in its calculation.

It's all very exciting, for me anyway.

-James

Hi James,

I'm in Canada, and I just bought your App and it doesn't have the TV station functionality working. I noticed that that function is "only for US customers" on the App store description. Though I bought the app in Canada, will the TV functionality kick in when the phone is in the United States? I work on both sides of the border and the TV station functions would be very useful to me and I'd like to try them in their current trial status.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

Hey Brent. I specifically did not give users outside of the country access to the TV data because I couldn't guarantee that all of Canada was covered. If you would like to give it shot though, you can temporarily set your system locale to "US" and then activate the TV Preview. I've actually looked into finding the TV station data for Canada and it exists, but it's a little convoluted getting access to it. I wouldn't mind hearing what kind of coverage you get from the Canadian stations listed in the FCC database because they're on the border.

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply!

I'm a little unclear on your instructions. I went into settings/general/Region format and changed region format from Canada to US. When I booted up Freqfinder again, there was a box at the bottom for the TV stations which wasn't there before. After clicking the box, a window popped up and asked if Freqfinder could use my current location. I said yes, at which point the app returned to the wireless list and the TV button had vanished again. Is there a different way to set "locale" or is it the "region format"?

Cheers,

Brent