Your best purchase this year (2011)

Mark LeBlanc

TMI, TMI. That's gross. Sweat & dander I understand but what's the "etc", dead dust mite droppings?

Eric

Actually dust mite excreta is so tiny it's not affected by gravity! Them dookies dangle 1 - 2 inches above your matress and swirl around when the air moves.

My best purchases have been backups for everything... Holding off on the house but I could build 2 fully functional carts. My stress level is exponentially lower whenever something malfunctions now...

Dan Izen

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best purchases have been backups for everything... Holding off on the house but I could build 2 fully functional carts. My stress level is exponentially lower whenever something malfunctions now...

Dan Izen

Remember, Dan, you can live in your car but you can't drive your house (except Richard Ragon on his Thanksgiving trip).

Best regards,

Jim

I'm totally "on topic". The header said "best purchase" not "best sound equipment purchase". That UCLA thing is why there aren't so many of those around here these days...you whippersnappers will understand what I mean one day. phil p

I wasn't trying to point you or anyone out :P ....but I did figure that the OP meant sound equipment, being that this is what we usually talk about here. No worries.

This "whippersnapper" pictures all you vets sitting around in tuxes and smoking cigars Monty Python style...

Phillip Perkins

There were a hundred and fifty of us living in a shoebox in the middle of the road.

Richard Lightstone

Cardboard box?

Phillip Perkins

Aye.

Richard Lightstone

You were lucky! We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank.

Best

8)

This "whippersnapper" pictures all you vets sitting around in tuxes and smoking cigars Monty Python style...

Phillip Perkins

There were a hundred and fifty of us living in a shoebox in the middle of the road.

Richard Lightstone

Cardboard box?

Phillip Perkins

Aye.

Richard Lightstone

You were lucky! We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank.

Best

8)

Whatever this all means. Look forward to a time in your life where production sound equipment isn't the biggest financial factor you have going. And the next time you want to ridicule me spell my name right.

And UCLA wasn't the biggest expense at all. There's this thing called a mortgage....

Philip Perkins

Philip,

My most humble apologies for spelling your name incorrectly. I was in no way trying to ridicule you however. If you didnt get the Python reference, please excuse my obscure tastes and comic anachronisms.

Read my posts Phil, they may be geeky and odd, but they don't ridicule anyone here. That's not who I am.

Best,

Steven

The Lav Bullet!

I forgot about that! You know, it's kind of a silly little accessory, but damned if it isn't fast -- and appreciated by actresses. I used them on a restaurant the other day and had a lady compliment me, saying, "that's the fastest anybody's ever wired me up!"

Important safety tip: keep the Lav Bullet in a warm pants pocket before slipping it down the front of ladies' cleavage. (They should add this to the directions.)

--Marc W.