Best lav mic for Senn G3 Series

saadasound

I have used bandA G B in San DIego for IFB no problems.

You have to learn the limitation of G3 as far as range.

Speaking of the Senny G3's, are the Southern Cali guys using the "B" Band? The chart doesn't show too many available freq's but maybe the few that ARE available is enough. I'm in San Diego and am curious if I should be concerned.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Oscar sound Tech lav's, just found this. pretty amazing.

That is nice, though I wish they had specified where they mounted the mike. The performance, sensitivity to noise, wind and 'plosives, depends quite a bit on where you put it. Having said that, I do think the 801's are good mikes.

--Marc W.

Note that the OST 802's are essentially identical to the Sonotrims (flatter versions of the Tram TR50's). I personally think the peaked response cuts through fabric better, and mixers can always roll that off in the mix if they want. I worry more about the dialog being too muffled, which is what I've heard in tests I did with the Sonotrims.

--Marc W.

And Happy Holidays everyone, thanks for putting up with my possibly redundant and oft (previously) covered queries. My kit was shipped today from Gotham sound NYC, got my Tascam Dr-40 today, my OST mic's will be ordered tomorrow. Ciao

Where are you ordering from? Quick Google search and I dont see them for sale anywhere.

Well, very late, but I have bought OST TL40s to use as a "harsh environment" alternate to my Sanken cos-11 mics. I ordered it with lectro servo wiring. also ordered spare wind screens to fit cos 11 and tl 40's. I think they peak a little hotter than the COS 11, but are useful for soft speakers, and great under clothing. I do like the sound characteristics of the OST TL40. I have no problem using them on any important dialog. Friendly manufacturer they will wire them any way you want.

Good product!