Narrow solder 3.5mm tip for iPod headphones?

RPSharman

Hey,

My 10-year-old has a favorite set of headphones which are no longer working on both ears. It's on the 3.5mm connector.

Need to solder a new one, but it needs to be narrow to fit an iPhone/iPad case. Where can I get one? Or do I need to cut off a molded one off a cheaper set of headphones and splice in the middle (not very desirable)?

Hey,

My 10-year-old has a favorite set of headphones which are no longer working on both ears. It's on the 3.5mm connector.

Need to solder a new one, but it needs to be narrow to fit an iPhone/iPad case. Where can I get one? Or do I need to cut off a molded one off a cheaper set of headphones and splice in the middle (not very desirable)?

Try Radio Shack. There's a parts drawer bin at the back of the store with all kinds of connectors, switches, etc.

Eric

And even that selection has dwindled over the least few years. Now, where the heck does one go to buy cheap, poorly made parts?

Tons of that crap on eBay. I think I saw some guy selling 20,000 cheap Chinese knockoffs of Switchcraft XLR connectors for $50, or some ridiculous price...

When I need something like a weird-size connector, I usually turn to PacRadio locally or Markertek if I have to buy a bunch of them.

--Marc W.

I phone connectors last longer with the 3.47 mm connector. i forget where I got my adapter on amazon for 3 bucks to go to 3.5 mm female - from there use the "usual" Rat shack stuff .

don't get the cheapest one, read the user feedback. its dumb but the I phone aint cheap. wolf