Sound report app?

Zack

I am a Fusion owner and when it is in the bag I can easily provide track names and some brief notes in the metadata. When the notes need to get more elaborate, I simply hit the slate button and verbally record the information. I think this is a perfectly acceptable way to easily give information to post. I don't want to sound like I have a bad attitude, but editors shouldn't expect meticulous metadata from one man band shoots. Editors have thanked me for my voice slating, saying it is efficient for them as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to announce the release of an iPhone and iPad app I've been working on, Sound Report Writer. You can download directly at the link below (should be searchable sometime later today) for $20. You can also see a product demo at www.inaudiblelabs.com/products.html

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sound-report-writer/id492004803?ls=1&mt=8

I've tried sound report writer. Nice app, but impossible to have the same filenames as the recorder (as "filenameT01.wav for 788T) and also impossible to save project templates and track names. Impossible to synchrose the app to a real timecode (with a special cable for iPhone like the Ambient one). For this price, I hope there will be a better version soon.

I've tried sound report writer. Nice app, but impossible to have the same filenames as the recorder (as "filenameT01.wav for 788T) and also impossible to save project templates and track names. Impossible to synchrose the app to a real timecode (with a special cable for iPhone like the Ambient one). For this price, I hope there will be a better version soon.

I just met with Tyler and went over some new features that I would like. He has already added some of them, and is working on others. As far as Jam-able TC, he goes over that in the online demo, it is not listed as a feature, yet.

• 3 months later...
Just purchased this app as well. I prefer paper but my handwriting is horrible so I want to switch to a digital option. The file naming thing will be nice when improved. On my recorders it will name by "scene name"-001 and -002 a s so on for take numbering. Also it adds the "T" to the filename which not all recorders do. There does not seem to be a way to fix this other than editing the take after its been made which is a major slowdown and avoiding automated file naming . Otherwise great product I look forward to its growth ! Thanks!