Zaxcom TRX900 SA DC Input ?

tombackus

Hi

I've got the Zaxcom TRX900 with stereo adapter. I'm using the Remote Audio power cable to supply power to this unit from my BDS. Why does the connector not seat all the way down into the dc input on the SA? to where I can secure it with the collar screw. I have several of these type cables and all are the same way. This makes for a precarious situation.

Is there another cable out there that would work better?

Thanks

Tom Backus

The stereo adapter needs a slightly shorter coax DC connector than the Zaxcom wireless receivers use - it is the same diameter but shorter. So a connector for Zaxcom receivers will work in the STA but won't lock. I'm guessing you were sold a wireless receiver connector not an STA connector.

One more thing is the connector a right angle connector, because as far as I know nobody makes a connector that fits in the STA that is a right angle - but they do make a right angle version that will work with the RX's. So if you want a right angle connector you need to use the non-locking version.

I wish they all just used Hirose 4-pin...

Or all the same as the Lectro Rx DC connectors. I'm sure there must be a good reason that Zaxcom went with their odd size connectors, apart from just trying to be difficult...

;)

Though I must admit it's nice knowing there's no way the DC connector on my QRX will be accidentally pulled out when mounted on a camera...

Hi Tim

I've only been able to source non locking right angle power connectors over here. If you want I'll dig out a link from RS.

But my mum is in the states over Christmas so might look into ordering a load of the one Jack just linked to and getting her to bring them back for me. Let me know if you want some.

We make a molded right angle power cable for the Zaxcom IFB/STA (MD6-ZAXTX). While we would prefer you use it with our MD-6 it will also work with the BDS and Power Star Mini. Retail is $28

We also make a power cable for the Zaxcom receivers with molded right angle connectors on both ends (MD6-ZAX) if anyone is interested.

post-2708-0-68647400-1324669115.jpg

Jack,

The STA right angle is a locking connector very similar to the Mingston cable you linked above, but with a smaller molded right angle housing. The only thing I could offer you would be a pig-tailed cable around 26 inches. I have the Zaxcom receiver cables with a molded right angle up to 6' if needed. What are you trying to do out of curiosity?

Jack,

The STA right angle is a locking connector very similar to the Mingston cable you linked above, but with a smaller molded right angle housing. The only thing I could offer you would be a pig-tailed cable around 26 inches. I have the Zaxcom receiver cables with a molded right angle up to 6' if needed. What are you trying to do out of curiosity?

Molded with the pigtail is fine.

I'm just looking for a right angle connector for my STA that I can wire into my power distribution system. One side should be the right angle the other side should be unterminated because it is soldered directly into the power distro box.

How much for the pig tail cables with locking right angle that will work with the STA?

• 7 months later...

lower profile - which means there is less of a chance of damaging the connector.

True, however the connector right next door to it is a 5 pin mini XLR, which to my knowledge is not available in a right angle configuration. Hence there doesn't seem to be much point in it as the straight mini XLR drops down as far as what a straight DC plug does.