Zaxcom TRX900 SA DC Input ?

tombackus

True, however the connector right next door to it is a 5 pin mini XLR, which to my knowledge is not available in a right angle configuration. Hence there doesn't seem to be much point in it as the straight mini XLR drops down as far as what a straight DC plug does.

I have several 5 pin mini cables made up, all are right angle and fit fine...

Is there an advantage to using a right angle locking connector on a QRX100?

I made one up for my RX900S. If I mounted the Zaxcom RX holder on the camera (screws into the BEC box mount), and the camera op was using bullhorn handles, the weight of the camera came down on the cables coming out of the RX900S when the op put it on the ground. Reality TV means that happens a lot.

I don't know if that totally makes sense, but I don't have a picture to show it.

This is the difference between it working and not working. I had to take this picture last year on a job where they sent out a replacement DC cable with the wrong plug and didn't seem to realize there was a difference. Like posted, it will power up, but the lock ring won't connect. Not helpful in a run+gun bag situation.

If you order the correct transmitter cable from Remote Audio, it works. It should say on the plug what it is for. Mine do.

post-876-0-49143900-1345131789.jpg

The above picture sums up why I have difficulty with Zaxcom.

The picture shows power plugs with the same voltage, same diameter,same inner pin size but a different length.

I work with 4900 receiver and an IFB 100 and that looks like that same setup.

Brilliant engineering inside, outside not so much.

Why design it that way ?

respectfully

al

A right right angle mini XLR plug? Is that something you customised?

I think Lectrosonics is the only company that makes them. If you can dig it up, there was a thread when they were first released. IIRC, they made them because nobody else did. Not sure if that has changed since, but I am yet to see any that are not the Lectro ones. http://www.lectrosonics.com/51-RATPAC/View-details.html

I think Lectrosonics is the only company that makes them. If you can dig it up, there was a thread when they were first released. IIRC, they made them because nobody else did. Not sure if that has changed since, but I am yet to see any that are not the Lectro ones. http://www.lectrosonics.com/51-RATPAC/View-details.html

I have a bunch that aren't Lectro, my Zax dealer here in Sydney made them up for me...