Mounting Sennheiser Evo's on a bag

DanieldH

Hi,

I wanted to share with you this little addon to a Kortwich bag I made. The issue was, that you cannot see the display (with RF, level, eventually battery information) when the Evos are in or on the bag. Also, the bag-walls are a bit thick for the sensetive Senny beltclamps.

So I took some plastic L-shape profile out of a hardwarestore, some black tape, some Tesa Velcro, and a bunch of "cold shoes" (is this the right term?).

The holder is still somewhat in a beta stage, but works not bad. The caveats are:

- You can't really put the Evos (and therefore antennas) upwards for better reception. However, if I have the bag on a table/cart, sitting in front, the antennas are upwards and everything is optimal.

-If you bump into something, there is easily enough force on the Evos to shear the little pins on the base of the CA2 that keeps it right-angled. They still work, but I'll have to retighten the screw once in a while, when I touch something, e.g. in a dense crowd.

If I make a new version, it will have some sort of hinge with adjustable friction like on a french flag. That way, the default position is upwards, but a look on the displays is just a flick of the wrist away. Whenever bumping into something, the Evos are not the first thing to be touched any more.

Sorry for the bad pic quality.

post-3346-0-72923900-1324235293.jpg

post-3346-0-05929000-1324235286.jpg

post-3346-0-46004800-1324235276.jpg

post-3346-0-24851200-1324235183.jpg

post-3346-0-78051200-1324235169.jpg

post-3346-0-82090300-1324235158.jpg

Great work! Why don t u use battery adaptors so u don t have to keep check battery levels?

Actually I do... You can see them on the last 2 pictures, sorry for the blur.

On the last pic, the lids of the Evos are open.

The bag is powered by a Bebob 140 Vmount on a Hawkwood plate. This has issues but worked so far.

Using the included belt clip, I would clip g3's onto the 'lip' on Petrol bags where the clear top cover would usually Velcro on. On Portabrace bags this strip of Velcro was too floppy to hold the weight, but it appears to be stiff enough on my petrol bag. I can see the screens, and the antennas are vertical (well, as much as they can be as they bend nearly 90 degrees after the first day of use :) ).

90 degrees bend antenna is the worst.

Using the included belt clip, I would clip g3's onto the 'lip' on Petrol bags where the clear top cover would usually Velcro on. On Portabrace bags this strip of Velcro was too floppy to hold the weight, but it appears to be stiff enough on my petrol bag. I can see the screens, and the antennas are vertical (well, as much as they can be as they bend nearly 90 degrees after the first day of use :) ).

• 2 weeks later...

Everyboy thnx for ur replies so far.

Looks good, has it worked for you so far?

Generally yes, preferable than without on the production I run it. However the describes caveats apply such as bumping into something and then retightening the EVO's shoemounts (with my AC-tester Leatherman bits don't fit!) and that antennas should be upright when distance is critical.

Currently I am thinking about a french-flag style or a friction hinge successor. Since I hardly found components for the first, the last would probably be the way to go.

Also:

The shoe mount stuff makes it somehow sensitive (and for a "newbuy" expensive). Velcro and rubber/Elastan-ribbon combinations allowing the beltclip to stay on might be preferable.

Conclusion:

Some kind of plate that makes EVO displays bag-viewable does make sense.

A simple mod to the mount you have already designed would be to use a 45 degree angle instead of a 90 degree mount. While this would not get the antennas vertical it would get them closer whilst still being viewable. With a little heat you can easily bend perspex to any angle desired. Not to sure about the plastic you have used.

Wish I had of thought of something along these lines when I was still using my sennies.