Nomad RF block 21 and 24

Michael McQueen

This works with 744t but unfortunately does not with Nomad.

The sprays is very strong I get it even 2 feets from the nomad with separate power and xlrs not connected.

Do you have a Petrol bag? Try putting the Nomad in the middle of the bag, and the RX's in the little clip on pockets. It looks a bit weird but it helps a lot. I've had my 744T up against my belly (which puts out a LOT more RF than Nomad, apparently) and the 4 RX's in the outer pockets (my bag has 4 of the clip on mounts around the outside) and got NO appreciable RF change on the scans with the 744T turned off or on.

" I rather move to a different block. "

...again.

" Pixels reduce range. From 1 to 3 pixel you can get 50% less range. "

I'm glad to note the improvement, it used to be 1 pixel = 50% range.

" I refuse to wrap gear in fabric. "

like a bag ??

you could put a sheet of lead in between...

Rado got his new toy.... life will be interesting...

did you drive to LA to pick it up?? I'd have saved the tax and had it shipped overnight...what mileatge did you get ??

" I rather move to a different block. "

...again.

" Pixels reduce range. From 1 to 3 pixel you can get 50% less range. "

I'm glad to note the improvement, it used to be 1 pixel = 50% range.

" I refuse to wrap gear in fabric. "

like a bag ??

you could put a sheet of lead in between...

Rado got his new toy.... life will be interesting...

did you drive to LA to pick it up?? I'd have saved the tax and had it shipped overnight...what mileatge did you get ??

Really dude? Grow the fuck up.

People, don't sell off your 21 Lectros yet! I did a scan yesterday with Nomad turned on, same battery feeding Nomad and two SRas, one 21 and one 28.

Left SRa is block 21, looks pretty alright doesn't it? All I did was raise the SRa so the antennae (do I have to write "sic" too, Senator?) are a few centimeters above the Nomad. Block 28 was worse by the way. For the scans I put the transmitters in another room, once they were too close to the Nomad I got extreme pixel pollution. So careful with that when scanning...

Bottom line, as I said before. Pixels are not the whole truth.

IMG_4821.JPG

Looks way better then mine...

My block 24 however just gets a few pixels here and there and it is totally fine.

Maybe not every Nomad is created equal.

BTW how come the scan in the blurry background seams to be more crowded then the one on the nomad?

People, don't sell off your 21 Lectros yet! I did a scan yesterday with Nomad turned on, same battery feeding Nomad and two SRas, one 21 and one 28.

Left SRa is block 21, looks pretty alright doesn't it? All I did was raise the SRa so the antennae (do I have to write "sic" too, Senator?) are a few centimeters above the Nomad. Block 28 was worse by the way. For the scans I put the transmitters in another room, once they were too close to the Nomad I got extreme pixel pollution. So careful with that when scanning...

Bottom line, as I said before. Pixels are not the whole truth.

IMG_4821.JPG

Do we know for sure that the interference that appears to be caused to Block 21/24 SRas by the Nomad isn't perhaps just a display issue? Like the Nomad is affecting the pixel display only, not the reception of the RX itself. Farfetched, I agree, but so far the Noman RF testing hasn't included much of any "walking" with transmitters, which are the sort of tests that really interest me... Also, aren't lots of people using Nomads in real work situations now, with their radios? How's it going--any diffs with your radios from your previous setups?

phil p

Question for Larry F if he is listening or anybody else who can answer:

Right now I have my talent mics on Block 21 "more then 3/4 clean in las vegas" and my hops on 24.

If I switch around and use 24 for talent and 21 for hop, how much would the Nomad affect the TX?

I would imagine the SMQVs TX at 100mW will not be as affected by the Nomad as the SRa RX.

Please confirm ...

How's it going--any diffs with your radios from your previous setups?

phil p

In a walking test my SRa 21 "more then 3/4 clean without the Nomad" start cutting off a little more then a half from what I got when I tested it with my 552. Bag is on the trunk of my car and my friend walks line of sight on the street between houses with the TX on the back of his belt.

It is strange. Even if I zoom in and select a little 2-3 bar empty space after a few seconds I see interference that is jumping from 1-3 bars up and down very fast. I have never seen anything like it. I do another scan and the same thing happens/

Removing the antennas cleans everything which is promising.

I am expecting a nomad in a couple weeks, and my primary talent mics are block 21 411s, so this all makes me a slight bit nervous.

For everyone who's testing this right now, are you testing with or without zaxnet/ifb turned on? Does it make a difference? I know it doesn't operate in the same frequency range, but I'm curious if it affects it at all.

It is possible that switching blocks will make a change and it is true that the transmitters will be unaffected by low level leakage. I don't know how to advise you other than to try it.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Question for Larry F if he is listening or anybody else who can answer:

Right now I have my talent mics on Block 21 "more then 3/4 clean in las vegas" and my hops on 24.

If I switch around and use 24 for talent and 21 for hop, how much would the Nomad affect the TX?

I would imagine the SMQVs TX at 100mW will not be as affected by the Nomad as the SRa RX.

Please confirm ...

It is possible that switching blocks will make a change and it is true that the transmitters will be unaffected by low level leakage. I don't know how to advise you other than to try it.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Will do. This is what I wanted to hear. 21 will be my hop if the tests go as expected.

I think Michael McQueen already went that way.

Thanks Larry.

Here's pics of my blk 22 scans. A little worse than I remembered. Plus the odd spike caused by my 195D.

order - before Nomad, after Nomad, after Nomad & 195D

Wow. Nomad gave you LESS RFI? Apart from those two extra dots, your scans in the second image are lower. uhhh, how? Unless the order is messed up.