Sound Report Writer app

Tyler Faison

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update... iOS v1.3 was submitted on Monday.

The formatting in the PDF has been fixed. Long filenames and scenes will no longer bleed into other fields. You can also turn off any scene columns in the 'Settings' menu. So if you don't use the 'Filename' in your project, you can just make it disappear! Segment numbers also show up per project and are displayed in the full scene list section. Up next is storing track names and activating the Start TC and End TC. This should be released early next week. I've had some great suggestions and feedback from our users! If you're a happy customer, please leave a review and/or rating for us in the app store. If you're not a happy customer, then you must not have bought it yet ;-) I'll try to get an updated video as well.

Hi,

I used the app on a Android phone for the first time on on doco, and here a few things i noticed :

The keyboard input pops up each time you open a window, wich is quite anoying , cause i had to close it to scrool to the desired field.

I also would find much quicker and easier to input time code value thru a " pop up roller" like the one for the date than typing...

In fact the less i type the better i feel IMO. It may be quick to type on a ipad but on Phone with à little keyboard , you always miss a few letter when you try to be quick...

Thanks to the dev for this very helpful app..

P.s: sorry for the bad english

The keyboard input pops up each time you open a window, wich is quite anoying , cause i had to close it to scrool to the desired field.

Callou, what device and version of software are you using? I only have my emulator to test the Android app, so that isn't something I can see.

In my next update, there will be several major changes. Upgrades include jamming timecode (via in-app purchase, probably $15), adding a character list for tracks, and a custom filename formula option for various filename options (including date, timecode, scene, take, segment, etc.). It's still a week or two away from being completed, but it's coming! Thanks again to everyone for their support. If you like it, please leave a rating or comment in the app store. Thanks again!!

How about being able to email all the reports from a project at once. Or 10 at a time. Or even 5 at a time. Another thing that would be cool would be a + or - for scene and take. I know they increment if you add a take but what If I want to just advance a few takes or scenes. It would make it a little faster. So far do good otherwise. I am really liking this app. Oh one other thing. I had to purchase it twice to get it on both my iPad and iPhone. Is that right? It would nog show up in iTunes.

Here's something i'd like to be added to the android version: ability to add a prefix to the take number: like W1 for wild sound, or P1 for pick up etc...

Even if you can check the wild sound boxes , i still had to increment the take number to avoid duplicate take number...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...