Tyler Faison

Sound Report Writer app

I think SRW is pretty close to being a great app, but for me there were some frustrations that got me to quit and spend the money on movie slate.  I am not trying to start a this vs. that thread, just give my input.

Having the file names be a global setting is frustrating.  I switch between traditional zax file names, and scene/take file names depending on the job. 

I experienced some bugs where all of my track assignments would get reset.  I believe they fixed that issue, but I got tired of having to enter my track info twice, then go back and fix it, and I moved on before it got fixed.

I agree with Robert, productions often print the reports, and these reports could be formatted tighter to put more info on a page.  The header is very large, and the margins and padding are larger than they need to be.

All in all a good app, but not right for me.

I have my Sound Report Writer app set up to do file names like the 552 mixer/recorder.
When it esports the reports, it puts the last digit of the file name on the second line.

i.e. if the file names is: 13Y11M11-001

It shows up as:

13Y11M11-00

Is there a way to widen the column, or something, to make the file name fit?
thanks

I realize this is an old issue and I'm only lately getting up to speed, but can anyone direct me to the Ipad app I saw someone using at last year's parade of sound carts, which allows you to write on it with a stylus and have it captured?

Didn't attend the parade but was it a ''sound report'' app per se or a ''notes'' app ?

Maybe ''i annotate PDF'' ? more for pdf texts on wihich you want to take notes, circle parts, etc ; recently saw a director constantly using it for a shot-list and it seemed nice for that kind of work...

Has anyone been able to connect Sound Report Writer to their Tentacle Sync E? I’m trying via Bluetooth and by hardwiring it to my phone but the app is not recognizing the Tentacle. I’ve emailed the app developer over the weekend, still waiting to hear back from them.