Doug Martin

Hi there,

I have a Micron transmitter (TX700B) with a 6 pin 'lemo' mic input. I would like to turn it into the wireless connection between my 416 mic and my bag and therefore need it to power the 416 with 48v.

If anyone knows how i might go about building such a cable, any advise would be much appreciated. I know the cable can be bought but im feeling a little sick at the cost and anyway, it would be cool to build it myself.

Many thanks in advance,

Doug

" please go away " ???

As you know, I don't prefer to do other folks' homework, but I tried the jwsound search and my third attempt (wireless phantom) included a thread that had this link: http://www.areitec.f...roduit-395.html

that is not a DIY, but that has also been discussed, and is not so easy as radio mic transmitters only provide a low voltage, not industry standard phantom, at low current, for bias powering electrit mic's ( most lav's), and the 416P48 requires a fill 48 VDC to operate properly. (either 6 x 9v or 16 x 3v or 32 x 1.5v or DC-DC converter)... :mellow:

and to answer Al's request: no, thank you! ::)

Edited by studiomprd

What i expect Al is trying to say (please do correct me Al, if i am wrong), is that your answers are more often than not, very unhelpful Mike. You seem to have an incredible amount of knowledge, and i think its a shame that 80% of your answers are "do it yourself", "why dont you ask the manufacturer" or "search the forum". Valid points, agreed, but when people ask a serious question, obviously having done their homework to the extent of their abilities, please give people a chance, pretty-please?

Some of the questions may be elementary to you, but people are not obligated beyond their abilities.

Enough rant, thanks for the link Mike, interesting product, but completely insane price in my view. What about the Denecke PS-1A? Seems to do the trick.

I believe a Micron TX700 will provide both phantom with the use of the Micron P48 cable and T power via the T12 cable as well as the bias voltage lavs require. Audio Ltd 2000/2020 transmitters will provide 48 v. phantom with the VdB accessory cable which I believe was discontinued some time ago. Both the Micron P48 cable and the VdB cable for the Audio Ltd. system are not just cable and connectors, there are circuit boards involved. They cost what they do (about $425 for the Micron P48 and around that for the product that worked with Audio Ltd gear when it was available) because there is a pretty limited demand for them. In the case of the cable for the Audio Ltd. transmitters, it reduced battery life substantially, by around half if memory serves me right.

By the time you attempt rolling your own P48 cable (if you can get the information on how out of Audio Engineering Ltd.) you're going to end up spending well more than $425 in supplies, tools and time.

Best regards,

Jim