Beer

Olle Sjostrom

Olle, I missed your Jaipur post, that stuff is brewed about 10 miles from where I live, there brewery produces some amazing beer, I have a few bottles of Raven which won't see the weekend out, plus a couple of Jaipur just in case!
That's awesome! As I age, I realize most of my favorite brews come from the GB. Black Isle brewery in Scotland is awesome. Surely, american brews are good too, but British brews just seem to have more flair and panache. Have yet to try raven tho.. I'll give it a go! Oh, and beautiful labels too.

• 2 months later...

I find it hilarious how beer/alcohol is so aptly described using audio terms. 

It's the In Flames singer who's the brewmaster something something...

I love In Flames. I want to go to Sweden almost entirely because of the music from over there. But now I also have this beer as additional incentive.

But Anders Friden wasn't the first...

http://firstwefeast.com/drink/headbangers-brew-a-history-of-heavy-metal-and-craft-beer-collaborations/

If you have ever been to Utah.

I was totally gonna post this one... but you beat me to it. I laughed so hard when I saw this. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Recently Introduced to these. With an exchange rate of AUD$1 to US86 cents, carton cost me about AUD$85.

I gave it a 95 out 100 score...

So even as the AUD$ sinks to US82 cents, there will be another carton soon.

I drank them all out of the bottle, too impatient I guess. Still I was surprised at the complexity of taste, but next time I will try in a glass.

Rob

post-541-0-45277700-1418156636_thumb.jpg

post-541-0-41249700-1418156652_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love port. But what I like more is Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban Extra Matured in Port Casks.

10498210_10204530217355330_7413865304111

On a recent visit with my 85 year old father:

‎As he likes to say - "Not TOO fancy anymore ... Just, 'middle-of-the-road' swill‎. My taste buds are no longer that discerning."

I'll share a long-standing tradition in our family - started when we were all children -

As we all took turns getting to pick the beer mug for our father, when he wanted to whet his whistle -

(from his group of vintage Wade Irish Porcelain mugs, as one is seen in the photo, below.)

He would have to guess the motif. And, a badge of honour, worn for the day, if we stumped him, say after about 3 or 4 guesses.

We still do it today, out of nostalgia. And he usually gets it on the  1st, or 2nd guess.

(We thinks he secretly studies the row of mugs first, then announces "Who wants to pick the mug?")

attachicon.gifPop's 'middle of road' swill.jpg

I recently discovered Yeungling while on a short road trip to PA. Me and the crew thought it was great everyday beer! I did not declare a few cans that were hidden in a Pelican :)

On a recent visit with my 85 year old father:

‎As he likes to say - "Not TOO fancy anymore ... Just, 'middle-of-the-road' swill‎. My taste buds are no longer that discerning."

Pop's 'middle of road' swill.jpg

I'll share a long-standing tradition in our family - started when we were all children -

As we all took turns getting to pick the beer mug for our father, when he wanted to whet his whistle -

(from his group of vintage Wade Irish Porcelain mugs, as one is seen in the photo, below.)

He would have to guess the motif. And, a badge of honour, worn for the day, if we stumped him, say after about 3 or 4 guesses.

We still do it today, out of nostalgia. And he usually gets it on the 1st, or 2nd guess.

(We thinks he secretly studies the row of mugs first, then announces "Who wants to pick the mug?")

Pop's Libations - Black and Tan.jpg

• 2 months later...