PLAYBACK RIG(timecode with Pro Tools?)

Thank you, Alex! This is a really goo real world response for all those trying to figure out how to do playback properly with ProTools. Thankfully, I don't have to do it myself (I always make sure I hire someone who knows what they're doing) but I don't always get someone as knowledgeable and meticulous as you.

Very helpful! Thanks for the tips, Alex. This is one of those things I usually get saddled with once in a blue moon. Usually by the next time I have to do it, enough time has passed that I completely forget how I did it before! I'll clip this one out and file it away, so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Alex had a great answer. Here is an old Sound on Sound article that discusses the topic as well. I just had to do playback on a show. I had the composer provide a separate click track for each song ahead of time with the heads of the files lined up. This way I could mute sections of it as needed and didn't have to worry about breaking out beat detective or doing any extra work.

I would think if you can get in communication with them early enough, most composer's would provide this since they usually have a click track in their session already, all they need to do is print it.