Problems with forum after meltdown

Jeff Wexler

I have now started to have a problem, once in awhile, where the "Show unread posts since last visit" button does not function properly. This is a problem that has been reported by a few other members. My basic routine, as I am sure many others, is to go the site with the URL < http://www.jwsound.net/SMF/ > then sign in and click on "Show unread posts..." link. This usually works but sometimes shows nothing (even though in looking at the Board list there are check marks indicating there are new posts). I believe this problem relates to the forum software and browser cookie function. One thing I have discovered is that even the initial URL to get to the site MUST read just this: http://www.jwsound.net/SMF/  If your browser is auto-filling or auto-completing the URL with something more, this can cause a problem. I have found that if I delete extra characters that the browser may have entered after the "SMF/", then go to the site, things work properly. Also, it goes without saying that you have to LOGOUT before returning to the site and signing in, for the "Show unread posts" to function.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Guest Jeff Colon

I have been busy and not on the interweb as much... I checked in when I heard about GT and the posts now display in reverse chrono order.  I'm sure I can change it somewhere, but for now, it's kind of interesting...

Thanks again Jeff, your efforts here are much appreciated.

:)  Jeff C

I have been busy and not on the interweb as much... I checked in when I heard about GT and the posts now display in reverse chrono order.  I'm sure I can change it somewhere, but for now, it's kind of interesting...

Thanks again Jeff, your efforts here are much appreciated.

:)  Jeff C

Go under "PROFILE" and see layout preferences on left.  You can return the order to oldest first.  I left it newest first for a while, but found it frustrating when starting to read a new thread.  It is handy if you are up to date and only need to read the most recent post, but otherwise it was weird.

Jeff...  This is such a great site, and thanks for it being able to be customized too.

Robert Sharman

I have now started to have a problem, once in awhile, where the "Show unread posts since last visit" button does not function properly.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Still having this problem once in awhile and I have found a partial workaround. After you click on "Show unread posts since last visit" and it says, incorrectly, that there are no new posts, in that same line of text there appears this: "...Click here to try all unread topics" which WILL bring up the topics/posts you have not read. For those who read everything, this will serve to show posts unread since last visit. Not a solution to a nagging bug, sorry.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler