It may not be good news, but that doesn't make it CRAP.

studiomprd

sure, the uncertain SAG situation is affecting many of us, and we would like to have the SAG contract situations resolved, but that doesn't make it all trivial.

there is plenty of blame to spread all around; kiik at the terrible IATSE contract being shoved down our throats!  You figure that if IATSE gives in and takes a sh#tty contract, so should SAG??

even after all the internal shake-up's, the SAG BOD voted pretty decisively not to accept the AMPTP's LBFO.  I doubt there is enough popular support for a strike authorization, but there is a lot of support for a better deal.

in threads about the IATSE contract, there are a lot of folks urging "NO" votes and demanding a better contract; SAG is in the same situation!

I don't think it's crap at all, and I believe their issues to be valid to a certain degree.  What is crap is the poor way in which the whole thing was handled.  When SAG received the FIRST last best offer last year, and decided it was not good enough, they should have at least sent the strike authorization ballots, especially if they knew how far away they were from an agreement.  Even the next time they received a last best offer and turned it down!  Problem is, nobody wants to do that in the middle of TV season.  So while the self-serving "negotiating" group of paid SAG reps, working actors, "actors" with other jobs, and actors receiving residuals from previous work, continue to earn a living, people like me and other crew who typically work on film or pilots, etc., are totally F'd.  I am fortunate that my lifestyle and foresight has allowed me to keep my home, keep my children fed, and keep my health insurance.  Others have not been so lucky.

I hope that if IATSE does not negotiate a better deal before the contract expires, that we have a strike authorization in place and go on strike the day after the existing contract expires.  Period!  Our issues, I think, will meet with greater sympathy those that of SAG.  Problem is, with everyone being wiped out by the WGA strike and SAG non-strike, virtually no IATSE member will be able to afford to strike.  And guess who knows it!?

Robert