Afternoon before the shoot email. For your amusement

slemaker

Production:

"We have some issues to take care tomorrow.

We have some sound issues.  There are no doors, nosey birds,

and a big high ceiling and a noisy 6th street.  Patty wanted me to give you

the heads up!

thank you"

Me:

"The afternoon before the shoot is a good time to bring up possible sound issues.  I'll do what I can to get the best sound possible under the circumstances."

Awaiting reply........

Production:

"We have some issues to take care tomorrow.

We have some sound issues.  There are no doors, nosey birds,

and a big high ceiling and a noisy 6th street.  Patty wanted me to give you

the heads up!

thank you"

Me:

"The afternoon before the shoot is a good time to bring up possible sound issues.  I'll do what I can to get the best sound possible under the circumstances."

Awaiting reply........

Ahh what's the use, they aren't going to change locations anyhow.  With her email in hand you now have "plausible deniability" if they complain in post--they KNEW it was a lousy sound location.....better this way than being surprised in the morning.

phil p

My favorite story is the Director (or was it a producer) chatting around on the first morning of a movie shoot, as we were all setting up; the trucks all parked, the motor-homes all cooling down, the made to order breakfast burritos being served up, the genny parked and being cabled up... got the picture??

so when he gets to me, setting up my cart, and makes conversation by casually asking: " is that freeway offramp right there going to be a problem for you?"

My reply to such info is that it won't be a problem for me, as long as it isn't a problem for "you", as these sounds will be in "your" movie