What might be the worst monitor console I have ever used

ccsnd

Yes Eric, that is my view from last night. (Just before some guy named bassnectar)

yes. I was on the sd11 for monitors. TERRIBLE! if you are on the wrong page for an input, it is a minimum 2 button press to get where you need to go. Also, this festival was outside. The screen was nearly impossible to see in the sunlight. The screen is necessary to do anything with the console. Overall the console is clunky and bad.

We used a SD9 for front of house through the digico stage-rack. The only way to run both of these consoles as a monitor/FOH setup is to go through "The Little Red Box". The little red box gives all pre amp control to FOH leaving me with no control over pads or phantom. Unfortunately our FOH guy was not so good with his gain structuring and did not really know how to use pads or phantom.

They do give you a separate digital trim option with tracking. When the FOH guy turns up the amp, it automatically turns down my trim so I keep the same signal level. Unfortunately every time an input clips (regardless of where my trim is set, the error message is triggered from the pre amps in the rack) an error message kicks you out of the screen you are on to tell you about the issue.

Effect routing is terrible. The best way I found to add an effect was to add in insert into a bus, route the output of the effect (NOT THE BUS) to a new channel. They do not give you the option to use a digital channel. You MUST use one of the 32 channels.

This morning when we were striking, when we put the SD9 in its case, when we stood it up EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE FADERS FELL OFF ITS CONTROL. they are super loose and are nearly impossible to keep on the channel strips.

There are so many other things wrong with this console, but I thought these were the worst. I hated using it and I hope I never have to again. Overall I would rate the digico gear a 3 out of 10, and that is only because It didn't sound half bad.