power options for SD 664 - no legacy battery needs

Larry Watts

I've read all the posts I could find here on power options for mixers and recorders but most seemed to needs to charge older batteries.

So I'm looking for options to power a new SD 664 recorder mixer. Batteries plus a charger.

I'd like to go lithium ion.

Any problems with the batteries for broadcast battery and charger solution? It appears to be at a great price point.

THX.

I've seen the IDX stuff.

Only other battery needs I will have is for LED light via a v mount

I have been using batteries4broadcast NP1 style 60Wh lithium batteries for several years and have had absoluty no issues.  They power my 302, 442, 552, 664 and my 744T.  I do find that the 664 are a bit more power hungry than a simple mixer with a few wires, so I usually budget 2 batteries per day to play it safe, but often do not have to employ the 2nd one.  I have a total of 4 which I rotate.

I have their portable TC-C1 charger to charge the batteries.  (I actually have 2 -one on my bench, and another in my travel case.)  Just remember to unplug it when you are not using it.  It takes a few hours to charge a NP1 on the unit, but I have never fallen short.  I think they are good value for the money, and the travel charger is light and compact for travel.

L Watts: " I'd like to go lithium ion. "

there have been plenty of battery discussions, and you seem to have done some research of your own,  there are lots of potential options, and the ones most mentioned here (or suggested by the manufacturers) are the most popular for our use.

I was on IDX NP1s for a long time. This last year, I bought into Batteries4Broadcast NP1s. So far so good. 

A serious bonus: FedEx seriously screwed up delivery of my first order from B4B (delivered it a couple blocks away from me; claimed it went to the right address), and B4B support helped sort everything out with FedEx, even shipping a new battery without an extra charge to my bank card…all before my flight out to a shoot and before FedEx realized they had made a mistake (and then profusely apologized). And I was a new and small customer. I must say, I was impressed with B4B's support.

Jim

Batteries for Broadcast's customer service is amazing. they called me back from out of the office in order to quickly respond to my problem ( which was by the way, operator error) and sent me a new charger no charge and allowed me too return the other unit after I received the new. In the end there was nothing wrong with the charger, I'm just a dope. their np1's and chargers have been great.