low frequency rx?

Michael McQueen

I'm looking for a good quality receiver that can go into the low 100mhz range. i do a good bit of work with a new aircraft company and one of the things I am often asked to do is record the sounds of the telemetry communication with the aircraft and then communication from aircraft to ground control. currently i use 2 way communication radios and just run the headphone jack into an xlr. it works, but i'd like to find something a bit better suited for both my bag and when mounting to camera. for camera mounting i've set up a bracket1 ex with velcro the strap mount.

but on the other hand, the radios i use now work pretty good and they retail for around $250. and the battery packs are rechargeable and run for a long time. but if there were something like a g3 sized rx that would be perfect. i've searched many of the inderwebz but haven't really found anything, thus turning to you guys.

" 2 way communication radios "

Shortwave radios, there are many and all shapes, sizes, and prices. These are available from "Ham Radio usual suspects", and also some, especially small ones are available from camera-electronics outlets and dealerships.

BTW, interestingly, radios up to about 50 MHz are called HF radios, with VHF beginning at about 50 MHz.