Radio mic frequencies in The Philippines

pt

Has anybody worked in The Philippines recently? I've just been booked on a short notice job to fly out on Saturday for a ten day shoot and was wondering what frequencies people have had success with over there...?

Cheers

Paul

Hi, Paul...

have a fun trip and gig...

your interference picture (scans) can, and will vary from place to place, and from time to time.

besides, you aren't about to sell/trade/buy wireless for this gig/trip at this late date.

as with any block, anywhere, you'll be able to get several systems working...

If you are planning for a lot of simultaneous systems, you'll need several systems in each of several different blocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving Manila today and the shoot went well. For future reference, I had very little trouble using three channels of 2040s on UK CH38/39/40, I also used one channel of 2020 on UK CH68 and a G3 IEM on UK CH70.

Jeff - is there any mileage in having a section of the site dedicated to worldwide radio mic usage, based on actual on the ground experience from members? Could be a handy resource..

Cheers

Paul

" For future reference, I had very little trouble using three channels "

that doesn't really tell me much, and it could be different next week, somewhere else in the PI.

Mike, I would disagree that it doesn't tell you much - it tells you that you can be safe in the knowledge that you can run a few channels in that frequency block in Metro Manila. To those of us who work on a lot of fast paced, foreign documentary shoots, I think this kind of information is invaluable. Of course it could be different in another part of the country, The Philippines is made up of over 7000 islands, I was referring purely to my experiences in Manila.

I disagree with your well worn mantra of 'with any block, anywhere, you'll be able to get several systems working...' . Personally I've been in at least three differefntlocations around the world where I couldn't get useable range on any of the frequencies available to me because of local RF activity.

Again, I think posts of this nature are very useful to a certain number of people on this forum, clearly you are not one and I'll wager that's because you don't get out of the US on work assignments that often, am I right?

" that often, "

it depends...

what exactly is "that often" ??

" Metro Manila. "

your post says "Phillipines"...

but even Metro Manila is a huge place and the interference varys from time to time and from specific place to specific place, U've had to change frequencies once just moving from one part of Makati to another...

pt,

were there any resources you checked regarding usable/legal frequencies in the philippines?

i've spent the last week looking without luck. sennheiser have put their world frequency thing behind a password log-in. sennheiserasia had nothing.

i'm trying to spec a 16 channel wireless system for use in various locations across the islands and currently my best plan is to get production to pay for me to go out in advance of renting kit to do a wireless survey of all locations.

Dan.