302 Power Metering Issue

Max Hirtenstein

So I recently purchased a Hawk-Woods battery adaptor that uses 2 Sony L-Series camcorder batteries (which are 3700 mAh at 7.2 V each). Unless I'm mistaken, this produces 14.4 V just like an NP-1 does.

The problem- my 302 doesn't have a 14V Li-ion battery reference, or at least it doesn't list it in the manual, and the battery check doesn't show accurate battery life. Which reference settings do you use to get an accurate reading? Full range?

The funny thing is that the 552 has a 14V Li-ion reference setting and therefore shows the correct battery life.

Cheers as always.

Not sure Max, perhaps someone else could chime in? (or just <hat> :)

I use the IDX NP-L7s with this setting, and they are rated 14.8 Volts, 4.8Ah.

Interesting to me is that the Lectro receivers read the voltage at well over 16v when fully charged and when the battery is getting low it's close to 14v.

In practice, I'm thinking it doesn't really matter, as long as you know when the batteries are getting low and need to be replaced. Simply leave the gear on for a day when you are not working and time how long they last and make a note of what the reading on the 302 meter is right before it dies.

So I recently purchased a Hawk-Woods battery adaptor that uses 2 Sony L-Series camcorder batteries (which are 3700 mAh at 7.2 V each). Unless I'm mistaken, this produces 14.4 V just like an NP-1 does.

Unless, (Love you Max) you read the HawkWoods website that says it's a regulated 12V output.