Fusion keyboard/touchscreen freeze

pverrando

Well, the night before a shoot, my Fusion has frozen up. Screen display shows factory settings, but no response from keypad or touchscreen.  Before I go into the dark night to Fedex this thing to N.J and beg for a turnaround by Saturday, any suggestions for super-secret keypad re-entry sequences?

I've tried the hold 4 while power-on.

I've also pulled and replaced the internal clock battery.

-pverrando

A few years ago while on location in Hong Kong my fusion touch screen froze. Luckily I had enough tracks armed to fudge my way through. (had to re enter scene take note etc later).

Back at the hotel I was on the phone to zaxcom.

Was very happy to talk to a technician, though thoroughly disappointed that I did not have the correct Allen key to take the fader knobs off to take the machine apart and reseat ribbon cables under the touch screen.

The next morning I ran around Kowloon and hong kong and purchased 3 of these keys.

I was able to get it going again and get through the shoot.

Upon returning home I contacted zaxcom again.

They sent me a new touchscreen that has performed flawlessly since.

Although this was stressful at the time I was impressed by the speed that the issue was resolved.

Regardless of your choice of equipment, always have a backup!

I did, though it was on another job and was held up in customs for a day. Unfortunately it was the day I needed it!

I would contact zaxcom direct before you do anything, and if you can, send it to them to fix.

It is a very busy machine under its covers!