no report on the maxx by visitors to nab?

stefanosound

I record on my TRX900AA all the time.

Generally my nomad track are for post and I will roll an additional 2 track mix and use it for for transcription. Plus it gives me another layer of redundancy. I have an additional backup file.

You can set up the link to automatically go into record when you roll your Nomad.

I was wondering about that need as well, and curious... how would recording on the CameraLink would start and stop? R It sounds like it works the way the TRX900AA/STA setup does. With my Nomad it automatically starts as I press record on the Nomad, though you could let it run nonstop if you want. With something like a 302 mixer, the home screen of the transmitter lets you use the up button for record and down for stop. Sounds to me like the camera link will work the same way. Yes, with the nomad it's redundancy, but I had my Zaxcom hop years before the Nomad existed. There is no reason not to record. I have the hop set to loop, so if the card fills up, it will record over the oldest files. Again, that was how I used it with a mixer. If the camera operator wore headphones and never said there were hits, I didn't even bother copying the card. To me, it was similar to the 552 internal recording, a 2-track backup that at times I could pull some wild tracks from but generally it was for security. Also remember if you are using the camera link with a QRX and just a mixer in your bag, you can set the QRX to send back time code from the camera in a REC-RUN situation. That way your camera link is recording every time the camera op hits record, even if they don't say "speeding" and you don't want to try to figure out when they are actually rolling.