Aspen Mics - lav mics - opinions?

GNinja

Sorry if it appeared my comments were aimed at you personally -- that was not my intent.  I was addressing the issue of lav quality and had no intention of negating anything you said.

My comments are not aimed at any one personally -- just at the issue of "cheaping out" on one of the most critical links in the sound chain.  With the best lavs available costing less than $500, it shouldn't be an issue for someone working professionally in our industry.

Having "crash lavs" is a different thing entirely -- that's a specialty application, and one that's good to be prepared for.

I'm sorry I misunderstood. And I agree absolutely with you.

I agree with alot of whats said here. It would still be nice to hear a comparison between the aspen mics to other mics like the OST, the sennheiser ME2, maybe even the Tram, Sankens, and Countryman for fun. The two video links reviewing the mics just doesn't suffice for me. I'm just wondering if it's worth it to get for the projects I have right now. If it's equivalent or better than the Sennheiser ME2, then yea, I see value in the aspen mic products. That's pretty much why i started this thread. Again, comparing between the more expensive lavs would be for fun and educational.