Sony Wireless Slot in vs Hot Shoe UWP-D URX-S03D vs URX-P03D for Sony FX9

Sound

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 1:23 PM, Sound said:

That's strange, the vendor told me he even contacted Sony and the confirmed that there is no true diversity for dual channel operation. Only "Antenna diversity". Do you mean antenna diversity with these 4 tuners? 

That's strange, the vendor told me he even contacted Sony and the confirmed that there is no true diversity for dual channel operation. Only "Antenna diversity". Do you mean antenna diversity with these 4 tuners? 

It seems that the info you received was incorrect.  The URX-S03D has true double tuner diversity for each of the two channels.  For each of the channel's two tuners, a comparator circuit then chooses the best tuner at that moment, and does a switch between the tuners...not just antenna diversity switching...In the URXP03D, though, since the package is quite small, we could only fit in the two tuners.  If only one of the channels is powered on, then it uses true double tuner diversity, but if both are on, then it uses 'Dynamic Switching Diversity' for each channel. By the way, if its helpful, the URXS03D is also compatible with IR syncing to our recently introduced UTXB40 and UTXP40 transmitters...and is also now available in the 941-960 range.

8 hours ago, Andy Munitz Sony said:

It seems that the info you received was incorrect.  The URX-S03D has true double tuner diversity for each of the two channels.  For each of the channel's two tuners, a comparator circuit then chooses the best tuner at that moment, and does a switch between the tuners...not just antenna diversity switching...In the URXP03D, though, since the package is quite small, we could only fit in the two tuners.  If only one of the channels is powered on, then it uses true double tuner diversity, but if both are on, then it uses 'Dynamic Switching Diversity' for each channel. By the way, if its helpful, the URXS03D is also compatible with IR syncing to our recently introduced UTXB40 and UTXP40 transmitters...and is also now available in the 941-960 range.

Thanks!! Do you know if there will be a new dual channel Urx-p03d with digital hot shoe anytime soon? Will it be more reliable than the analog hot shoe? I had massive problems with the analog hot shoe mount in the past..

The slot in looks good, but the camera is definitely too heavy for me with the extension unit. It's 5 kg without the unit and a very small battery. So it should be about 8 kg with unit and slot in receiver and vmount.