Fusion Question for Fusion Owners

justanross

Hey Gang,

Haven't posted on here in awhile.  Been busy with work.  And before I post my question, yes i've phoned Zaxcom and they have given me the usual I don't know answer.

When I'm using my Fusion, just as a mixer, so cabling from the Hirose to camera.  Camera is a Panasonic HX900.  I've always used the 5pin audio out for monitoring with my 442.  With the Fusion monitoring from the 5pin is almost impossible, its WAY to hot.  And yes I've tried playing around on the fusion to fix it.  And yes I've gone into the camera settings and made sure the 5pin output is a -3db.  However, I haven't really noticed this issue if I use the headphone mini-jack.  I realize I could just use the headphone jack but I prefer the 5pin, sounds way better in my opinion.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?  Maybe there is a solution?

Hey Gang,

Haven't posted on here in awhile.  Been busy with work.  And before I post my question, yes i've phoned Zaxcom and they have given me the usual I don't know answer.

When I'm using my Fusion, just as a mixer, so cabling from the Hirose to camera.  Camera is a Panasonic HX900.  I've always used the 5pin audio out for monitoring with my 442.  With the Fusion monitoring from the 5pin is almost impossible, its WAY to hot.  And yes I've tried playing around on the fusion to fix it.  And yes I've gone into the camera settings and made sure the 5pin output is a -3db.  However, I haven't really noticed this issue if I use the headphone mini-jack.  I realize I could just use the headphone jack but I prefer the 5pin, sounds way better in my opinion.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?  Maybe there is a solution?

Could you bring the camera return back into an unused input and monitor in the PFL position?

Eric

Don't mean to be obvious, but does lowering your return input trim on the Fusion not fix this?

ben lowry

Nope.  Camera return trim is at -20db plus the -3 from the camera.  I need another -10 db and it would probably be fine.  I'm just hoping Zaxcom will do a firmware update in the future fixing this issue.

Hi Justin,

While it does not sound like the source of your problem, fyi there is an intermittant bug with slate and camera return trim levels. Per Deva users group just recently, the cause has been found and a fix is imminent. I have this bug sometimes and it is just that the levels do not stay where they were when you reboot although it reads that they are until you adjust them, then it corrects.. Sounds to me like you need to pad the return if camera trim attenuation is insufficient.

-Paul Graff