DSR4 with SL2...470/block 19 help please

thenannymoh

Hello - I'm struggling with a minor issue. 

• Setup is DSR4 into a SL2/888
  • Transmitter is single block 19 UH400
  • Latest FW on DSR4 and 888.
  • receiver mode is NA HYB 

When I select a freq in the block 19 range using the 888 menus, it prompts me to select between 470 and 19.  Even if I select 19, it immediately reverts to 470, and therefore won't work with my block 19 tx.

However, if I manually select the frequency on the face of the DSR4, the DSR4 screen menu gives me a 470/19 toggle option...I choose the 19 option and it all works.  It even show blocks 19 on the 888/SL2 receiver menu.  But if I make any frequency adjustment now within the 888/SL2 menu to that channel, the 470/19 prompt kicks in and it reverts to 470 no matter what I select.

Am I missing something obvious?  Is this a known handshake bug in the SL2/DSR4 system?

Thanks!

Hello, 

we'll be happy to look into this. Can you let me know what firmware versions your DSR4 is on, and the 888 also? There have been a number of updates since the initial release of compatibility between the systems so let's start there. 

-Karl

I found that the dsr4 will default to block 470 if there's overlap.  Such as doing a scan, and scrolling to select the frequency manually for the RX, it will (or would in early firmware) default to block 470.  Perhaps that's what's happening in the Sound Devices firmware as well.

1 hour ago, karlw said:

Hello, 

we'll be happy to look into this. Can you let me know what firmware versions your DSR4 is on, and the 888 also? There have been a number of updates since the initial release of compatibility between the systems so let's start there. 

-Karl

DSR4 fw v1.14....888 fw 9.31   Thanks!

16 hours ago, thenannymoh said:

DSR4 fw v1.14....888 fw 9.31   Thanks!

Thank you - those are both the latest versions. 

In our tests with a DSR4 v1.14 and SL-2/833 v9.31 we can confirm that there appears to be a bug. 

If we go into the overlap area (486.400 - 495.600 MHz) when changing frequencies on the 833 interface, the choice is given on the 833 display to choose block 470 or 19. Choosing 470 always changes the DSR4 display to change the block and hex code to 470. Choosing 19, however, does give you 470 and 470 hex code instead of 19. 

Regarding the 833 changing to block 470 no matter what frequency is chosen in block 19, even above the overlap, we are not seeing that issue: it appears to only happen in the overlap frequencies.