Trouble with an srb dual receiver

Axel Mishael

Hello,

I just bought an used srb block 25 dual receiver but I couldn’t check it thoroughly until yesterday I began a shoot and I came across an issue I wasn’t able to solve: Everytime I wanted to use both transmitter, either a “check freq 1” or “check freq 2” showed up and I couldn’t use one or the other, and yes, I scanned, checked the compat snd everything I could think, even at one moment, I couldn’t hear both transmitters and the check freq kept on showing up… any help or an idea? Or it should be sent to Lectro?

thanks in advance…

Axel.

3 hours ago, Derek H said:

There is a known issue with these that is prevented by tuning rx1 to a higher frequency than rx2. It’s pretty rare though but maybe try that and see if that clears it up. Did you scan and select clean frequencies first?

Hello Derek, yes I did that and all the frequencies chosen were pretty far from each other, also, the transmitters are ssms that also have low power…

Do you have any transmitters in your bag like g3, etc. camera hops or ifbs that use the same block? I have g3 camera hops and used to get this problem occasionally before I got TXAdvance rf scanner in order to allocate my freqs appropriately.  Much more helpful than SRb scans or Freq Finder app.

Do you have an rf spectrum analyzer?

9 hours ago, PMC said:

Do you have any transmitters in your bag like g3, etc. camera hops or ifbs that use the same block? I have g3 camera hops and used to get this problem occasionally before I got TXAdvance rf scanner in order to allocate my freqs appropriately.  Much more helpful than SRb scans or Freq Finder app.

Do you have an rf spectrum analyzer?

I have blocks 24 and 29, ifb is block 33 and comtek, all of them pretty far, I ran a scan with my rf spectrum but there was nothing troublesome on 25 (here in Mexico it's usually block 26 besides the usual suspects Band A and B that are the most polluted ones...

Axel,

Did you solve the issue?

If I was still having these problems I would turn on the two ssm xmtrs and watch their broadcasting freqs in real-time on a spectrum analyzer. I'd look for off-freq drift and splatter. I'd also place them away from any other rf emitting devices just to eliminate environmental rf pollution when i tuned them. If the problem persists then the tuning issue is probably the SRb

By the way, what firmware does the SRb have? Current version is 2.1.

I sent both my SRb receivers in for lectro checkups last year. They came back with v2.1 firmware and I have had no issues with them since.