comtek tx and listen tecg rx?

Michael McQueen

looking to use a comtek 216 bag tx and using listen tech lr-400 rx's. wondering if anyone has tried that setup? been googling around for a few days and haven't come up with anything. i've been using a friends older comtek kit and a lot of times its not available so i need to get my own kit. i prefer using the comtek tx as it has a real antenna vs the listen tech tx that uses the cable as its antenna. and the listen tech 400 rx is much much cheaper than the comtek ones.

• 4 years later...

I just bought a few LR-400's to go with my 216 bag setup. The listen tech are definitely noisier (static) and have reduced range over the standard pr 216 receivers but work fine for 'monitoring content'. I bought mine for about 1/4 the price of a comtek receiver and it seems about 1/2 as good. Lectro IFB still sounds the best and are a workhorse. If you just need to add receivers for jobs with more people on comtek then its a good option but be warned you get what you pay for. Also, i don't expect the listen tech to handle drops and bumps as well as the comtek so L&D may be an issue.