Lectro IFB sounding very murky and muddy

MatthewFreedAudio

I'm using a 788t outputting to a Lectro UM400a for the IFB send and then R1a receivers. I have tried both the line output from the #3 out on the 788 using a TA3 to TA5 cable. I also tried an 1/8" to TA5 cable using outputs 5/6.

The mix sounds clean and clear on the 788 side of things but the IFB receivers sound like crap. They are extrmely muddy, murky, and almost unintellible.

Any ideas why this is? Anything I can check out?

www.matthewfreed.com

Production Sound Mixing for TV, Films, and Commercials

I'm using a 788t outputting to a Lectro UM400a for the IFB send and then R1a receivers. I have tried both the line output from the #3 out on the 788 using a TA3 to TA5 cable. I also tried an 1/8" to TA5 cable using outputs 5/6.

The mix sounds clean and clear on the 788 side of things but the IFB receivers sound like crap. They are extrmely muddy, murky, and almost unintellible.

Any ideas why this is? Anything I can check out?

www.matthewfreed.com

Production Sound Mixing for TV, Films, and Commercials

My first thought was an ear wax blockage in the ear bud. Next was a bad wire or transducer on the earpiece. But if the issue is on all of the receivers that would indicate something common to all the receivers. Tuning slightly off? Too much level into transmitter? What is the modulation light doing? I looked at both manuals and it would seem its pretty straight forward but I can't think of anything else at the moment.