Anchor playback alternative?

curleysound

Klein & Hummel PAS 100 - Portable Amplified Speaker

General Description

The PAS 100 is a completely wireless indoor/outdoor portable speaker which is simple to set up and operate in record time. Characterized as being clear, natural and strong the PAS 100 brings K+H audio quality to fitness instructors, educators, hotels, local gatherings and small performance areas. It features two option slots for choosing Sennheiser wireless microphones or a built in CD/MP3 player as well as external inputs for a microphone and music playback. The conveniently integrated pouch holds microphones and accessories nearby.

Application ideas

Hotels and resorts can move the PAS 100 wireless speaker and microphone system around wherever needed for welcome receptions, corporate meetings, poolside events, evening stage entertainment, weddings anywhere on the grounds, aerobic instruction or background music for a special event in the garden. The rugged wooden housing and durable rain cover make the PAS 100 suitable for outdoor training exercises. Aerobic, fitness and sports instructors can use the PAS 100 indoors or outdoors. It may be easily set up and taken down with each use. Rental companies working with convention centers and hotels can save labor time on system cabling and maintenance by using the PAS 100.

Features

Fast and simple connection and operation

2 universal option slots: Up to two Sennheiser wireless microphone receivers built-in, optional anti-shock CD/MP3 player built-in

Dynamic mic input

Music playback input

Clear and natural sound with factory electronic tunings

Rugged design

Integrated pole mount adaptor

Integrated storage pouch

Included light and quick rain poncho

Durable nylon rain cover and carry bag option

Up to 8 hours battery life, rechargeable

Clear battery bar graph indicator

Use and charge and the same time

High, mid and low tone controls

Advanced professional horn design

118 dB sound level

Bi-amplified 50 Watt woofer and 30 Watt tweeter

Up to 4 total inputs: 2 universal option slots, 1 cabled dynamic mic input, 1 cabled music playback input

kleinundhummel_pas100_rpmg.gif

Click image for full res image

Klein & Hummel PAS 100 - Portable Amplified Speaker

K&H has designed and built some truly fine high quality monitor speakers, been doing it for years. I am almost sure that K&H is not the same company it was 20 years ago (probably owned by some Japanese conglomerate now) but the history is there and it looks like this is a very well designed unit. I look forward to seeing it in person (hopefully at Coffey Sound when they come in).

-  Jeff Wexler

K&H has designed and built some truly fine high quality monitor speakers, been doing it for years. I am almost sure that K&H is not the same company it was 20 years ago (probably owned by some Japanese conglomerate now) but the history is there and it looks like this is a very well designed unit. I look forward to seeing it in person (hopefully at Coffey Sound when they come in).

-  Jeff Wexler

jw,

I will let you know when they come in.

the sennheiser posse came by last month for the demo, and I new instantly, we should put them for rental  vog calls. we ordered them in the 500- range. it held up magnificently side by side against a anchor 6500 explorer

(currently what I send out for the vog calls) the only drawback is that there made out of birch wood, but the corners are rounded, so they should not (hope not) get chipped. also ordered them with the padded cover.

-  Jeff Wexler

They are distro'ed by Sennheiser, which is a good sign.

Philip Perkins

The first time I ever did music playback on a movie, I used the K & H model OY amplified monitor loudspeaker. My first movie I hired Tom Holman as my boom operator (before he was Tom Holman of Lucasfilm fame, chief architect of THX, etc., etc.) and he had already had some experience with the K & H monitors. I bought one (very expensive) and it sounded great on that movie (what did I know) and Tom urged me to buy another. I kept them both in service for many years, finally destroying one on a music video for the group "Chicago." I still have one but it just sits in my attic ... I don't even know if it still works.

from K & H site:

Der KLEIN+HUMMEL Studio-Regielautsprecher OY ist ein weltweit verbreiteter Studio-Abhörlautsprecher. Bei diesem Lautsprecher wurde schon 1967 der aktive Mehrkanal Antrieb in einem Serienlautsprecher verwirklicht. Seit über 20 Jahren gehört dieser kompakte Abhörlautsprecher zum Abhörstandard vieler bekannter Rundfunk- und Fernsehstudios des In- und Auslandes und wird selbst heute noch dank seiner hohen Sprachverständlichkeit gerne als Kontrollmonitor verwendet - oftmals seit zig Jahren im Tag-und-Nacht- Dauereinsatz.

Der Studio-Regielautsprecher OY ist ein aktiver 3 Wege-Lautsprecher mit integriertem 2 Kanal-Verstärker für die getrennte Verstärkung des Tiefon- und Mittel-Hochton-Bereichs.

Zur Anpassung an den Aufstellort dienen 2 Schalter, mit denen Tiefen und Höhen in je 4 Stufen beeinflusst werden können. Damit kann der durch räumliche Verhältnisse bedingte Tiefen- und Höhenabfall ausgeglichen und ein ausgewogenes Klangbild erzielt werden.

No, I  don't read German (but I'm sure it says a lot of good things about this terrific loudspeaker)

-  Jeff Wexler

post-1-130815077465_thumb.gif

The first time I ever did music playback on a movie, I used the K & H model OY amplified monitor loudspeaker. My first movie I hired Tom Holman as my boom operator (before he was Tom Holman of Lucasfilm fame, chief architect of THX, etc., etc.) and he had already had some experience with the K & H monitors. I bought one (very expensive) and it sounded great on that movie (what did I know) and Tom urged me to buy another. I kept them both in service for many years, finally destroying one on a music video for the group "Chicago." I still have one but it just sits in my attic ... I don't even know if it still works.

from K & H site:

Der KLEIN+HUMMEL Studio-Regielautsprecher OY ist ein weltweit verbreiteter Studio-Abhörlautsprecher. Bei diesem Lautsprecher wurde schon 1967 der aktive Mehrkanal Antrieb in einem Serienlautsprecher verwirklicht. Seit über 20 Jahren gehört dieser kompakte Abhörlautsprecher zum Abhörstandard vieler bekannter Rundfunk- und Fernsehstudios des In- und Auslandes und wird selbst heute noch dank seiner hohen Sprachverständlichkeit gerne als Kontrollmonitor verwendet - oftmals seit zig Jahren im Tag-und-Nacht- Dauereinsatz.

Der Studio-Regielautsprecher OY ist ein aktiver 3 Wege-Lautsprecher mit integriertem 2 Kanal-Verstärker für die getrennte Verstärkung des Tiefon- und Mittel-Hochton-Bereichs.

Zur Anpassung an den Aufstellort dienen 2 Schalter, mit denen Tiefen und Höhen in je 4 Stufen beeinflusst werden können. Damit kann der durch räumliche Verhältnisse bedingte Tiefen- und Höhenabfall ausgeglichen und ein ausgewogenes Klangbild erzielt werden.

No, I  don't read German (but I'm sure it says a lot of good things about this terrific loudspeaker)

-  Jeff Wexler

Here you go, instant translation. Not the best but should give you an idea of what K&H is saying. Courtesy of freetranslation.com

"That OY SMALL BUMBLEBEE studio administration loudspeaker a studio monitor loudspeaker common worldwide is.  In this loudspeaker, the active more canal was realized already 1967 drive in a series loudspeaker.  For more than 20 years this compact monitor loudspeaker has belonged to the monitor standard of many well known broadcast studios and TV studios of the inland and foreign countries and is used even today yet thanks to its high language intelligibility gladly as a control monitor - often since hesitated years in the day-and-night duration use. 

The studio administration loudspeaker OY is an active 3 way loudspeaker with integrated 2 canal amplifier for the divided strengthening of the Tiefon- and means-high tone-area. 

To the conformity to the set up place, 2 switches, with which depths and heights in 4 steps apiece can be influenced, serve.  Therewith the depth refuse and height refuse contingent by spatial ratios can balanced and a well-balanced sound picture obtained become."

Eric