John Coffey no longer at Trew Audio

John Coffey

Just like LSC will always be Audio Services to old time LA mixers.

CrewC

Not just LA mixers!

Mr. Coffey--please keep your fans apprised of your whereabouts, and good luck in whatever the next gig is.  Thanks for the service and advice and for hosting seminars and writing your famous letter and a million other things that helped soundies everywhere.

philp

I can't possibly express just how touched I am to read your kind comments. It feels great to know it was all worthwhile to have played a small part in our wonderful audio community and to get to know so many of you. I'm proud to call you my friends.

I read every post and e-mail out loud to my daughter because she is having more trouble with me being home than I am. The first thing she said was "does this mean I won't be able to spend money at the mall anymore?".

At fifty-nine, I'm too young to face my wife's long list of chores if I retire. While I will never return to working those long set hours again, I am mulling over some interesting job offers that I was surprised to get so quickly. I also have some related business plans of my own to kick around too. I consider my options carefully for the final phase of my career, but I definitely will be back in our industry in one capacity or another.

However, before I do, I plan take a little time to check off a few items from my bucket list.

I'll be back,

John Coffey CAS

john@gracedistribution.com

John,

You're 59?!?!?!

We'll, I'm now 34, and I remember when I was 23 and you hired me. I cannot believe it has been that long. I remember when Megan was born and you brought her in to the office when she was a baby. I remember learning the Deva II...and selling the studio Deva (anyone remember that?). I remember all the great customers coming in and all the Deva demos. I remember going to sets to visit people and the volumes of gear we sold. I remember all of that like it was yesterday. I learned a lot and made lots of connections that will last forever. If you hadn't hired me, Brenda wouldn't be putting up with me now. 

-Dave Fisk

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Friend, John,

We met a couple of years ago, when you were booming for JCG.

Time flies, eh?

Gray of age may have fallen on our ears, but we keep rowing.

Thank you for your friendship and support through the years.

I will miss our office chats.

I think it's time to spring for Business Class seats and enjoy the fruits of your labor for a while.

Best.

Traut