Lectro SRb issue

Adam Labadie

Having an issue with a new block 21 SRb. Once in a while it will randomly block out all frequencies (as in, if you scan, everything will be unavailable) and it sends a fairly intense feedback into the mixer, sounds almost like a fax machine.

Only lasts for a few minutes then goes back to normal. Power cycling doesn't fix it. Currently on the road and it will be awhile until I can take it back. 

Any ideas welcome. Thanks

You could try undoing the two screws that hold the metal sleeve on and slide it off and carefully expose the internal two boards. Make sure they are screwed together tightly and that the inter-board header that connects the two boards is properly mated.

I have seen similar issues when this connector is intermittent, usually when vibration has loosened the screws which hold the boards together.

From what you have described I think I have had the same problem with my new block 26 SRb. I was using it as a camera link with a pair of UM400a TXs. At one point (luckily between rolls) I noticed there was nothing happening on the camera level meters. I looked at the SRb and it showed both channels at full modulation with limiters engaged. I.e. It looked like I was sending tone at a very high to the SRb but nothing was flowing through to the output. The UM400a TXs appeared to be modulating normally from what I could tell from the level indicator LEDs. I power cycled the SRb and it worked correctly after that. I was powering from the cameras v-lock d-tap if that's relevant. Anyone else experienced this?

Lectro explained that the frequency on Ch 1 may actually need to be higher than Ch 2, even though it's an SRb and that's not supposed to be the case anymore. I've tried to recreate the issue but to no avail. The unit will go in for testing this week.

Ed, I've had that issue as well, but power cycling didn't fix my problem. It really is very intermittent.

Mike, thanks for the warm welcome. I'll have my Lectro dealer try the Reset Sequence you mentioned.

Thanks for the help everyone.