SMV Transmitter and Denecke Blue Box Floor Noise

jawharp

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday on set I tried to plant my Schoeps 41 with CMC6 preamp in a car by using an SM transmitter, input cable i bought from Gotham (it's labeled "mic level"), and blue denecke phantom power box.  

Once connected, it was working, but there was a rather noticable hiss present in the signal.  The transmitter's gain was set to "35."

After trying a few different gain settings to no avail, I switched out the transmitter and box for my old Audio Ltd. RMS 2000 with a VDB cable, and it worked perfectly.

Anyone every have this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday on set I tried to plant my Schoeps 41 with CMC6 preamp in a car by using an SM transmitter, input cable i bought from Gotham (it's labeled "mic level"), and blue denecke phantom power box.  

Once connected, it was working, but there was a rather noticable hiss present in the signal.  The transmitter's gain was set to "35."

After trying a few different gain settings to no avail, I switched out the transmitter and box for my old Audio Ltd. RMS 2000 with a VDB cable, and it worked perfectly.

Anyone every have this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Is it one of our cables? If so, what is the part number? It sounds as if there is attenuation in the cable intended for a line to mic setup.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

I've only had a noticeable hiss in a very quiet car and a very quiet actor with a COS11 non-servo wired and an SM.

Never issues with "universal" UM400 and Denecke box with a 50 planted in a car. But that's basically my wireless boom setup anyway.

I've only had a noticeable hiss in a very quiet car and a very quiet actor with a COS11 non-servo wired and an SM.

Never issues with "universal" UM400 and Denecke box with a 50 planted in a car. But that's basically my wireless boom setup anyway.