C-stand boom holder

RPSharman

I was waiting for another store to open, so wandered into the evil empire (also known as Walmart) - While I make it a policy to not shop or buy there, especially if what I'm looking for can be found elsewhere, I could not resist this item.  I have not seen it for sale anywhere else, but I'm sure it can be found.

Robert

It's fortunate they censor their music and video selection.  We wouldn't want people enraged by the foul language to go to the next section and buy a shotgun, or grab one of the many unsupervised knives on display, and do something foolish.  Good thing the pellet guns are zip-tied to the shelves, ironically right next to the knives.

Robert

Oh, I see you've met my new boom operator - or at least his cousin.

I picked one up at Coffey today for twice your mentioned price. This one is a little different however. It does not have a threaded spud, which will seat a little nicer in a gobo head, and I am assured by Robert Kennedy that unlike the other versions, the boom will not slip out of this one. If that's the case then $15 is cheap insurance.

I'm not kidding about my new boom op. 2nd Unit Iron Man 2/Rasputin - it's just me and my new best friend!

And glad to have the gig.

---steve nelson

I got 2 of them from Bass Pro shops for $12 each, but that was about 3 years ago!  I support our all things location audio dealers whenever I buy gear, but $30-60 for a boom holder is a bit much.  I rather pay money to have someone stand there and hold the boom (if you know what I mean).

-Rob