External battery to power my Azden FMX-42a, is possible¿?

Dan Savio

Hello Dan the DC in connector is a very common connector. The mating cable-mounted connector is a Hirose HR10A-7P-4P. The pin numbers are marked on the back of the Hirose insert (Pin assignments viewed from the outside of your mixer connector are: -ve at top-right, +10.5 - 17 V DC in to top-left). Respect the maximum input voltage & avoid any "magic smoke". A battery bank will output only 5 volts from a USB-A so not suitable.

Yup, this is the same power connector used to power most portable sound equipment that is designed for film.  A battery shoe & an NP1 or eSmart battery will provide the power you need.

Here's an example:  https://www.trewaudio.com/product/remote-audio-hiqbatterycup/

There are lots of other options, depending on what type of battery you want to use, and what other equipment you have that may or may not share power with it.  It's a big topic ...

7 hours ago, The Documentary Sound Guy said:

Yup, this is the same power connector used to power most portable sound equipment that is designed for film.  A battery shoe & an NP1 or eSmart battery will provide the power you need.

Here's an example:  https://www.trewaudio.com/product/remote-audio-hiqbatterycup/

There are lots of other options, depending on what type of battery you want to use, and what other equipment you have that may or may not share power with it.  It's a big topic ...

Hello thanks for your message.

Well I only need to power the Azden, and I don't have much space in my bag so I think my best option would be a slim or smaller battery but that can power more than 6 AA batteries.

I have a sound devices 633 that perhaps I could also power with this battery in an emergency but i will prefer to focus more in the Azden.

Please, if you could give me some examples of this type of batteries, I would appreciate it, my budget can reach up to 100

Many thanks

There's a 49Wh version of the eSmart batteries that you can get which is smaller, but it will still blow your budget.  The cable alone will eat up half of it unless you are willing / able to make it yourself.  Maybe look into DIY FP7 batteries?  Although, you'll need two of them in series to get the voltage you need.

Just posted this for sale elsewhere but would suffice in powering both your units.

3x NP1 Battery Cups with Hirose 4pin  $75

Price is for all three.  2 straight, 1 right angle.

Also have an IDX JL1Plus Charger and 2 NPs as well if interested.  $200

Item(s) located in DC/Maryland.  Reach out with any questions.  US sale only and includes ground shipping.  Zelle or wire transfer / ACH via Melio Only.

HRS NP Cups x3.jpeg

JL2Plus NP1s 1.jpeg

JL2Plus NP1s 2.jpeg