Intermod calculations and software

Jim Rillie

I have a list of the walkie frequencies used on set graciously provided by our Production Coordinator .

I would like to find a way in Freq Finder or TX Advance to enter these as potential Intermod creators.

Is there a way to do this or is this just a pipe dream? Or do I need to take a serious math course?

Best regards,

Jim Rillie
PSM

Hi Jim,

you can do with our Wireless Designer software. This software can be use in offline mode to do IM calculations, and you can import scans in CSV format as well. Walkies may be on smaller steps than 25 kHz, but for IM calculations, this is generally close enough. 

In TXAdvance, you can create a custom TX at whatever frequency you want. When you are on the TX edit screen, in brand, go at the bottom of the list and select "CUSTOM". Change the low and high frequency limits to the walkie bandwidth.
Then you can select the walkie frequency for this custom TX and its potential intermodulations will be taken into account.