The car that runs on AIR

Jeff Wexler

Posted over on facebook, this video talks about the development of a car that runs on compressed air. Of course we don't know if this really works, of course we know that some energy is needed to compress the air, etc., etc. The point is, there are brilliant people and lots of companies working on these things but most of them are NOT here in this country nor are they Americans. We are so firmly entangled with big oil and use of fossil fuels, it may never happen here. Our great Universities are also held in the stronghold, prevented from even doing any meaningful research on these alternatives. Research on how to make what we are doing now work better, of course. Research on why all those new things people are coming up with won't work, of course.

I saw a documentary on compressed air vehicle technology a few years ago.  The developers were here in the US, I believe, but certainly not getting proper funding.  It was a larger vehicle with larger tanks, and the issue of weight was an issue in terms of safely protecting the tanks.

This little car looks terrific, although I'd sure hate to be in an accident with it.

Robert

I saw a documentary on compressed air vehicle technology a few years ago.  The developers were here in the US, I believe, but certainly not getting proper funding.  It was a larger vehicle with larger tanks, and the issue of weight was an issue in terms of safely protecting the tanks.

This little car looks terrific, although I'd sure hate to be in an accident with it.

Robert

Again, my point is that we are allowing so much public funded research, tax breaks and incentives, that is not looking seriously into the real alternatives.

-  Jeff Wexler

I saw a HUGE problem with the air car right at the beginning. Not paying for the fuel. Now, I'm all for not paying for fuel, but companies aren't, like the oil companies. If there isn't a way to sell you fuel for your car, then the fuel companies will do whatever they can to stop it. That's why, even though I LOVE the idea of fully electric cars, we probably won't see them on a massive scale. My money is on hydrogen cell cars.

The problem with all of these alternative fuel cars is that the high performance car people won't go for these. None of them are really fast, can go a long way really fast, or get you laid.