Line 2 problems on Tascam DR-100 MKII

Sarvic

My old audio equipment consisted of a Rode Videomic plugging into the Mic/Ext In jack on our Tascam DR-08.

I ended up recently purchasing a Tascam DR-100 MKII in hopes up using the Line 2 on it for now until I got a better XLR mic. The problem is that I'm noticing hardly any sensitivity when I have it switched to Line 2. Once is swap it to Uni, the sensitivity and volume increases greatly. I have the Mic gain set to High as well the L/R input dial all the way to 10.

Any suggestions?

Yes, I read the manual and it said Line 2 was for the "line output of audio equipment"

Obviously I'm new which was why I was asking. Also, I don't currently own an XLR mic which was why I had originally bought this in hopes of using it until I got one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Indeed, line 2 is just line level in.

Uni is the built in mics.

I think an xlr to mini jack adapter is in order. (mic/line 1)

rob

Thank you rofin, I will try and XLR to mini jack adapter for now if you think that should work. :)

Sell the iPad and use the money to buy a clue ;)

I'm sorry if not everyone is an expert in the audio industry. I recently got involved with helping an indie film crew on the audio side and am still learning so please try to avoid the bashing on the rookie. Ok thanks.

Same applies to the RTFM comments... Of coarse I have read it but if i'm still having problems understanding certain parts, then I ask questions in hopes of "learning". Got it?

Sarvic,

FYI with the adapter you ordered set the recorder to mic input, you will have proper gain albeit in mono. The line inputs are oddly a bit weak on these units IMHO ( I have 2 of them). When your budget allows, stepping up to a mixer such as a 302 will be a great improvement.

Good Luck,

Todd

Sarvic,

FYI with the adapter you ordered set the recorder to mic input, you will have proper gain albeit in mono. The line inputs are oddly a bit weak on these units IMHO ( I have 2 of them). When your budget allows, stepping up to a mixer such as a 302 will be a great improvement.

Good Luck,

Todd

Thanks a bunch, and yeah, actually the 302 was gonna be the next step, eventually. First was gonna get a better indoor mic and was looking at the AT4053b.

Sarvic - what these guys are saying is that you are running a mic level signal into a line level input. My advice would be to look up the difference between the two because this is something you are going to need to know when you get a 302 or run a mic into most prosumer cameras with XLR inputs. It will not be in the manual, but it will be in any audio "how to" book.