RF adapter question (bnc to sma)

Michael Miramontes

I was checking out an sma to bnc adapter on ebay and wasn't sure if it needed to be RF specific or if it will suffice. My goal is to connect some sma whips ( the one's that came with my QRX100) to the bnc connection on the PSC RF Multi SMA without compromising signal strength. 

Would this connector work or am I better off just buying a Lectro DIY whip kit and having a straight BNC connection? I don't mind doing this if it is the best option however I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks if the ebay connector will work just as good.

Any info is appreciated.

You will lose a little but it is probably not measurable if it is a good quality adapter.

Best,

Larry F

Lectro

Larry,

since you're such a cool dude I'll pick up a couple of your DIY whip kits since they're probably the best option. No sense spending all this money on RF stuff if a no-name connector may screw it all up.  

Thanks everyone for chiming in. 

Sounds like you need a better network analyzer :)

I probably should have said "not noticeable" but at 600 MHz for branded connectors, the loss is around 0.1 dB. And if our network analyzers aren't good, somebody is making a lot of money on us. <g>

Cheers,

Larry F

Lectro

I am interested in this as well since every connectors in the chain creates loss I am interested in actual Sma to Bnc cables so I can make my SR the 7/8 channel on my venue. My thought is one cable is better than a cable and an adaptor. Can anyone post the parts and cable I would need to a achieve this? I make loads of my own cables but finding 50 ohm BNC, Sma connectors that will fit on the same diameter 50 ohm rg-8 has confounded me!!