Super Bowl and Zaxcom?

Mirror

My part in this is simply to alert readers that this thread contains a lot of speculation and erroneous information. I don't wish to cast aspersions on any given individual -- whatever their motives.

So, don't shoot the messenger OR hoist the middle finger.

Perhaps it's time to get back to fostering a supportive community.

My part in this is simply to alert readers that this thread contains a lot of speculation and erroneous information. I don't wish to cast aspersions on any given individual -- whatever their motives.

So, don't shoot the messenger OR hoist the middle finger.

Perhaps it's time to get back to fostering a supportive community.

Well said John! And that was not directed at you.. but more the collective of people on FB who also use JW that blasted me for writing something incorrectly.

My intention was to be supportive and proactive...next time I'll think twice and let people know privately...then if it gets out, it gets out.

My reference to people with hidden agendas was not directed at either Mirror or mradlauer (and I have to say right after writing this I still wish that I could feel like I was talking to someone with a name --- makes me feel like I'm in a comic book), I was really referring more to the various Facebook threads that were way more out of control than the discussions here. So, I apologize to all those in our JWSOUND community if it appeared that I had some agenda --- certainly not in the mode of bashing anyone here. 

I understand Jeff..I definitely do not want this to get out of control as well.

As to what Phil said.. I think the people that can "break radio silence" are not part of the sound community. So getting a first hand answer here or in the FB doesn't seem likely....The problem with this is when there is an answer, there is no back and forth...which leads to more speculation and more criticism because of second hand information.

I guess I just figure there WAS a really good reason for running the RF stuff @ that event that way, like it wasn't a mistake or the work of someone who didn't know what they were doing.  That event can afford the best and I bet the best was afforded and rolled that way because it was the best way to go.  Someday I'd like to know why, out of professional curiosity.

I agree and would like to know as well. Without speculating..the information that was mentioned earlier in this post pertaining to spectrum footprint is what was conveyed to me and several others standing around me when I asked about using zax gear. According to John some if not all of the information on this thread is incorrect. I know he was there doing Enhanced Audio so his level of understanding and knowledge of the issue is probably extremely accurate but is bound by NDA...Whatever it is...its a big freaking secret!

Keep in mind that it is not a frequency coordinator's job to tell each wireless user everything that is happening at a given venue and the details about everything they're coordinating. In fact, it could be considered irresponsible of them to do so.

At such a huge event they have a massive job with many "moving parts" and they're going to address the issues that affect the "moving part" they're dealing with at any given time, not share the full scope of everything involved in the event.

All the rest is just speculation which, by its nature, contains many misunderstood and misrepresented aspects.