Kirky's modified PSC Cart

Jeff Wexler

This is my second modification to my PSC Sound Cart. I removed all PSC shelves except for the top and the handle level shelf which is the extended shelf. I bought two rack mount shelves for the recorders. 1 is 2 rack spaced and the other is 3 but 17" long so it extends to the back of the cart rails. It is an easy modification and rather inexpensive to do. 2 8' aluminum angle pieces cut to length. I put two pieces of the angle aluminum back to back so my rack rails are recessed. Keeps my equipment safe when transporting it. It stands a little less then 50". The version I had before stood 54" which was a bit two high. I might be able to cut it down a few more inches if I used a smaller drawer but I like the deep drawer on my cart. I also braced the pelican batteries which makes a big difference when moving the cart.

If you have a PSC cart and are curious please PM and I can walk you through it. I did it with a hack saw and a drill.

Kriky

post-1-0-94086000-1308187298.jpg

This is my second modification to my PSC Sound Cart. I removed all PSC shelves except for the top and the handle level shelf which is the extended shelf. I bought two rack mount shelves for the recorders. 1 is 2 rack spaced and the other is 3 but 17" long so it extends to the back of the cart rails. It is an easy modification and rather inexpensive to do. 2 8' aluminum angle pieces cut to length. I put two pieces of the angle aluminum back to back so my rack rails are recessed. Keeps my equipment safe when transporting it. It stands a little less then 50". The version I had before stood 54" which was a bit two high. I might be able to cut it down a few more inches if I used a smaller drawer but I like the deep drawer on my cart. I also braced the pelican batteries which makes a big difference when moving the cart.

If you have a PSC cart and are curious please PM and I can walk you through it. I did it with a hack saw and a drill.

Kriky

post-1-0-94086000-1308187298.jpg

Good mod. I have a similar rig, (w/ less gear so lighter). I'd very much recommend BIGGER wheels, like 20". It would make this rig a lot easier to drive.....

phil p

What make/model slide out are you using for the mixer? Is it lockable in both the in and out position?

Thanks!

-Chris

It does lock in the in and out positions. Make and model I do not know but I bought it from Backstage.

Kriky

Good mod. I have a similar rig, (w/ less gear so lighter). I'd very much recommend BIGGER wheels, like 20". It would make this rig a lot easier to drive.....

phil p

Any idea where to locate new wheels for the PSC. I had a friend tell me he had a hell of a time finding any.

Kriky

What make/model slide out are you using for the mixer? Is it lockable in both the in and out position?

Thanks!

-Chris

Hey Chris,

That is the Middle Atlantic Heavy Duty Sliding shelf. I just purchased two a couple of months ago for the new cart.

It locks in the in position and the full extended position. Rated for 50lbs.

On Amazon I found the best price for the shelves. They are working out great.

http://www.rackmounts.com/Middle-Atlantic-SS-DF2895.html

Whit