which video monitor with tuner?

Scott Aitken

hello everybody,

I'm curious what do you all use.

I have the remote audio video assit kit but the antenna is poor and have seen some pretty nice montior setups on some of the sound cart pics.

Some product names would be helpful as there's more than a few options out there.

regards

Scott

http://www.amazon.com/Haier-HLT71-7-Inch-Handheld-LCD/dp/B001E78UQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312382888&sr=8-1

I recently bought a few of these to have around for when my current monitors crap out. Told the dolly grips and ADs about them, and they all bought some too. I have an additional batwing with a passive splitter going into the antenna jack on my monitors. I would expect that all models of these little TVs will perform better this way.

Robert

Those 'great images' you see on our monitor rigs is probably due to being hard wired to the village. I only use the built in monitor antennas when forced too, other wise it's a baluns and cat 5. The camera, or village video transmitters are usually out of tune and have weak signals, making it a real pain when you loose the signal during heavy dialog in a complicated steadicam shot.

Glad this came up. Do you guys own a down converter? I have been having issues with getting video to my Remote Audio Assist Monitor. Looks like I do have to have the down converter. We are working with a RED Camera and I was trying to get a feed off of Video Village. Any information would be great.

Thanks

Nicole

• 2 months later...

Nicole,

http://www.decimator.com/Products/Decimator2/decimator2.html

I own two of them and they work great. I normally take and SDI feed out the monitor and feed it to the Decimators. From there, If I'm close enough to run Cat 5 to the Village, then I feed the Decimators, into a Audio/Video Balun back to the cart. If the location doesn't allow me to be close enough or can't run cable then I switch the output over to Wireless with a cheap system I purchased off Ebay..

the Decimators are the way to go!!

Mark L