my newly arrive nomad have problem on ch3

joinwoo

Joinwoo, It's important that after you update the firmware that you do a restore to default settings and then MANUALLY input your old settings and NOT do a recall from previously stored settings. The reason is that the updated firmware in many cases won't put the recall settings in the proper place since things get moved around in the update. Not sure if this will fix your problem but it's important to do no matter what.

Andy

yes.... I know this issue...and i tried that before...seems no help...i even pull out all cf after restore factory setting.... things keep happen....

i have email to glenn, and he has follow my problem, just because seeing reply here and i keeping feed back....

thanks for all, all of you are helpful to such fresh recordlist as me

yes.... I know this issue...and i tried that before...seems no help...i even pull out all cf after restore factory setting.... things keep happen....

i have email to glenn, and he has follow my problem, just because seeing reply here and i keeping feed back....

thanks for all, all of you are helpful to such fresh recordlist as me

Ok, I thought the problem was solved but its back. Exact same problem as what you're seeing. If you adjust the trim on input three past 9-10 db the audio cuts out. It comes back when you decrease the trim. It was working fine most of the day today and all day yesterday so its an intermittant issue. This machine was doing this pretty new out of the box as well. This needs to be investigated and solved as soon as possible.

joinwoo is yours a six channel? I've used an 8 channel and never had any problem so I'm wondering if this is common to only the six channel versions.

I'm going to increase the output of my wireless (Lectro 211) from +4 to +10 so I don't have to add as much trim. That way I won't have to move to a different input.

Best,

Bernie

My version is just nomad 4 with six input...... bernie , i have personally email to Glenn about this...

And he is willing to help this... I though you should send him a email to have further action on that....

As the problems seems occasionally . I just afraid one day when i need it, it suddenly cause problem...

I though it is good to report similar case to Zaxcom, may be this would improve the manufacturing of nomad....

And it is good to know that we both have same problems, proved that seems not by manual setting error.

My version is just nomad 4 with six input...... bernie , i have personally email to Glenn about this...

And he is willing to help this... I though you should send him a email to have further action on that....

As the problems seems occasionally . I just afraid one day when i need it, it suddenly cause problem...

I though it is good to report similar case to Zaxcom, may be this would improve the manufacturing of nomad....

And it is good to know that we both have same problems, proved that seems not by manual setting error.

Believe me I've reported this to Glenn and kept him updated on what I've tried and not tried. Its tough to fix something that's intermittant but as you say when you really need that channel what do you do if/when it fails? I assume Zaxcom is trying to figure out a fix that won't require you to send the Nomad back to the factory as it sounds like it would be a long trip for your machine.

Best,

Bernie

That great... i really hope these report would help out Zaxcom and help us slove question further..... And i do hope Zaxcom would keep update us when there is arrangements are made and planned.

Glenn has actively response on my request ,that is good.... And the thing i can do right away is wait for Zaxcom have further arrangement.....

And it is nice to update others by this post if the problems solved

Just a thought. Are could you be listening to a card track and maybe are over modulating the card track. This could be a possible issue as the neverclip pre's will let you drive the input, but you still have to make sure that your outputs and card tracks aren't being overloaded. I doubt this is it, but since it seems to be happening to a specific channel, but you never know.

Sorry hemmer , i am not sure i quite follow you , but when i test i quite sure those input limiter, card limiter and output limiter are not reach during the problem happen..... because i not test them with human voice and high volume ,juz around -20 .which the input meter around -20 too..... and that is exactly the same setting in other channel , and that channel works fine

Anyway, thanks for your advice

Just a thought. Are could you be listening to a card track and maybe are over modulating the card track. This could be a possible issue as the neverclip pre's will let you drive the input, but you still have to make sure that your outputs and card tracks aren't being overloaded. I doubt this is it, but since it seems to be happening to a specific channel, but you never know.

Nice thought but not what's happening at all. The issue is this: go past a certain gain on the input trim (8-10 db) and the audio first distorts and then the next click the audio is gone. Go back two clicks of the trim and the audio is back. Sometimes that input will go into oscillation and the meter freaks out and pins. Can't really hear the oscillation though. That doesn't happen every time however. I did notice that without a signal going into the input but with it terminated you can hear a zippering type noise when you trim which is louder on input three than the other inputs with the same test. Don't know if that's a significant clue or not.

Bernie