mini coax for cables?

cmassey

As I do 99.9% of my work with the mixer never leaving the bag, and run all but one of my inputs line level from 411A or SRb, I have very successfully used RG-174 coax for audio cables.  Very thin, light, flexible and shielded nicely.  Building DIY right angles this weekend and just wondering if anyone a bit more technical has a good reason this is not a good thing. 

gracias....cleve

I might add, of course for not long runs, but the 6-8 inch jumpers needed from receiver to mixer input! 

My mantra most of the time Eric...but want those nice, low profile DIY right angle male XLRs into the mixer!  Keeps that left side from getting jammed going thru doors, into the Pelican case, etc. 

Well that and it is slow around here, so time for projects.  Of course the weekend is upon on us, so fishing takes center stage!

cleve

As I do 99.9% of my work with the mixer never leaving the bag, and run all but one of my inputs line level from 411A or SRb, I have very successfully used RG-174 coax for audio cables.  Very thin, light, flexible and shielded nicely.  Building DIY right angles this weekend and just wondering if anyone a bit more technical has a good reason this is not a good thing. 

gracias....cleve

I might add, of course for not long runs, but the 6-8 inch jumpers needed from receiver to mixer input! 

When you say "coax" do you mean just 2 connections --- ground and hot? So, not a balanced connection? I know that balanced connection is important for long runs and less so for the short run you are making, but I thought there were other benefits of a balanced connection (like hum rejection, etc.).