Marenius MM4210 Mixer?

John Moore

Sorry for the cross-post, but I'm trying to find some info... Anyone familiar with the MM-4210 mixer? I'm considering picking up one either as an extra for me, or for a friend who might need a mixer.

John Moore

Checking the Marenius website does not show the 4210 as a current product. Perhaps a used Sound Devices 442 for around $1700usd would be a better choice.

Eric

I'm getting the 4210 for $320 shipped, so I kind of like the price!

The main thing that I don't like about it is the inputs/outputs are on the rear of the unit... I can make that work in my bag, but it's not as convenient as my Wendt X3 (left side inputs, right side outputs).

The main thing that I don't like about it is the inputs/outputs are on the rear of the unit... I can make that work in my bag, but it's not as convenient as my Wendt X3 (left side inputs, right side outputs).

Well you can't beat the price, that's for sure. Good luck with it.

Eric

Just curious,

Where did you get such a great price?  Is it new or used?

Regards,

Bernie

Alan- You've linked to the 4220, this is the 4210. The 4210 requires 10-15 V DC @ 3 VA... is that a better spec? (http://www.marenius.se/products/mm4210.html)

John,

I do know the 4210 is a different product, I copy the link of the 4220 as i think its an interesting product to all of us here. I personally like the Peak Program Meter they have in their product line.

Do tell us more when you start working with the 4210.

Alan

From the manual:

"Alternatively you can use rechargeable NiMH batteries, although they will deliver less voltage (9.6 V) and usually they will hold less mAh, around 900 mAh compared to 1500 mAh for alkaline batteries. For estimation of useful working time from a set of batteries, calculate with 200 mA current drain. This would theoretically give 4.5 hours of total working time from a set of NiMH batteries and 7.5 hours of total working time from a set of alkaline batteries. There are also NiMH batteries that offer 1.5 V per cell. Since MM-4210 utilizes the total power of the batteries by its internal DC-DC converter, the current drain is lower at higher voltages."

200mA is reasonable.

John B.

John,

I do know the 4210 is a different product, I copy the link of the 4220 as i think its an interesting product to all of us here. I personally like the Peak Program Meter they have in their product line.

Do tell us more when you start working with the 4210.

Alan

I get it now (d'oh)... I wouldn't mind trying out the 4220, since it has the CF recorder built in- something like the new Sound Devices SD552, only smaller.

I'll post some feedback on the 4210 when I get a chance to test it out... I doubt it will replace my Wendt X3, but it might come in handy.

John Moore

I received the mixer today & it is in excellent shape... I tested all of the channels with my mics (Rode NTG-1, NTG-3, AKG CK93/SE300B, AT3031, AT3032) and everything checked out fine. I wanted to make sure that the P48 was capable enought to run the AT3031 & AT3032 mics, because they're a bit fussy, but they sound quite clean.

I'm still not that thrilled about the bottom panel for both input & output, but I'll either make it work, re-sell it, or build a new box for the guts... I figure I could reposition the inputs & outputs, as well as change the power input to either XLR4 or Hirose (like the rest of my gear).

I'll try to test it out on some recordings & post results later on.